Legaly demanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What happend if an American citizen stay for two years in the DR. with a tourist card. And this person is legaly demanded for someone else ?

JJ.

web

Nov 5, 2005
What do you mean by legally demanded? I do not think any person can be legally demanded by another person. You can file a judgement against someone if monies are due you from them. But if they have been in the Dominican Republic for two years then was the person legally demanding "them" in the Dominican Republic or elsewhere? Normally a judgement would go on their credit file if they did not make payment arrangements or pay monies due the plaintiff. Once again this is a civil issue and if they are in the Dominican Republic then I do not believe anything would happen as only extradition would be involved in a crimminal offense. Please explain yourself further.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
can I file a judgement against an American citizen, if this person use my comercial name all ready registered for ten years in the department of industria y comercio Dominican Rep. without my autorisation for personal benefit.

JJ.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Let me get this straight, you are in the US "Living the American Dream." Now you think someone (an American Citizen) is using your Dominican Republic commercially registered name for their personal benefit in the Dominican Republic. So you want to file a judgement in the US against this person who is residing in the DR. Will never happen because in order for the judgement to get to court, the sheriffs department has to deliver the order personally. Kinda difficult if the person is out of the country.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Yes, yesterday I contact the company that is hosting the web site of my business in the Dr. I'm trying to cansel the hosting, but the person that created it for me have the password and now is using it for personals benefit. I told him to take it out of the web but he don't want to do it.
I know can't do nothing here but meabe I can contact a lawyer in the DR.

JJ.

web

Nov 5, 2005
There ya go, already thinking like an American. If all else fails, sue them. Good Luck!

If the website is truly yours as you say you should have the logins and passwords. Why don't we get this all out on the table so if anyone is bored enough to read it they will know the truth. The website in question was created for you by your friend as a gift. You moved to the USA and since your friend is the registered owner of the design, the domain and the hosting etc., is free and clear to do whatever they want with it. You merely registered a name in the Dominican Republic. So you never even had a "business" as you say, just a registered name. A business is a registered corporation that yes is required to file annual reports, PAY TAXES, list a board of directors etc. Your now ex-friend has not made one centavo off of this website and even offered it to you for purchase. You have no basis whatsoever for this thread in the first place as it was a question about someone overstaying their tourist visa.

If there is a moderator God please close this ridiculous thread.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have lost count of the companies I know that let their web design person/friend design a site, host, buy a domain for them, only to realize a few years later they own nothing.
Some even signed contracts that the designer owns the copyright to the site design :)

bachata, what's the domain name?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Robert, the website is Paradisetrans.com....Many people on this board have used my services over the years. My family work very hard to keep a good reputation, just to have someone else now mess it up.

There ya go, already thinking like an American. If all else fails, sue them. Good Luck!

If the website is truly yours as you say you should have the logins and
passwords. (1) You gave the pass word and the loging to my wife when you built the web site but she never remember it becuose we trust on you as the person will never do what you are doing now. Also the hosting has her name as the contact person at sales-synergy

Why don't we get this all out on the table so if anyone is bored enough to read it they will know the truth. The website in question was created for you by your friend as a gift.(2) Your are right but in the DR. we have a phrase ( lo que se da no se quita ). Do you know what it means? and remember I had special transp rates for you. plus other considerations like taking a phone out in our name for you because you didn't qualify & needed to keep your business running & to use the internet.

You moved to the USA and since your friend is the registered owner of the design, the domain and the hosting etc., is free and clear to do whatever they want with it. You merely registered a name in the Dominican Republic. So you never even had a "business" as you say, just a registered name. A business is a registered corporation that yes is required to file annual reports, PAY TAXES, list a board of directors etc.(3) in the dr youu can pay taxes using your RNC, the gov gives you a time frame to form the comp. How do you know I haven't paid taxes?

Your now ex-friend has not made one centavo off of this website.(4) than why have new links & advertisements been created recently for ParadiseTrans.com in Yahoo & others sites.

and even offered it to you for purchase.(5) GIFT remember!!!! how can you now offer to sell it to me!!!!! All I want is for you to stop using the name Paradisetrans.com

You have no basis whatsoever for this thread in the first place as it was a question about someone overstaying their tourist visa. (5) OK i chang thread to PARADISE TRANSPORTATION STOLEN!!!

If there is a moderator God please close this ridiculous thread.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The site is a US$5 template site. Go buy another template or copy what you have and set up a new domain, hosting etc. It will cost you more in legal fees that what your going to loose. Email all your clients the new domain and take out an ad on DR1 and your be set :)

===============

Registrant:
Paradise Transportation

4430 sugarbend way
raleigh, North Carolina 27606
United States

Registered through: HostingDude.com
Domain Name: PARADISETRANS.COM
Created on: 02-Sep-06
Expires on: 02-Sep-08
Last Updated on: 01-Nov-07

Administrative Contact:
rojas, rocio rocio@sales-synergy.net
Paradise Transportation
4430 sugarbend way
United States
(919) 342-2975

Technical Contact:
rojas, rocio rocio@sales-synergy.net
Paradise Transportation
4430 sugarbend way
United States
(919) 342-2975

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The site is a US$5 template site. Go buy another template or copy what you have and set up a new domain, hosting etc. It will cost you more in legal fees that what your going to loose. Email all your clients the new domain and take out an ad on DR1 and your be set :)
Sounds like a good idea to me.
You won't spend a fortune, it won't eat up your stomach with grief from being in a legal battle, and it distances you from the person who took your old one away from you.
You'll never have to talk to that person again for the rest of your life.
If you'll pardon the rather rude analogy, it's a bit like going to the bathroom and taking a good dump and the feeling of satisfaction after, lol.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
the legal domain name owner is Paradise Transportation. Rocio Rojas is listed as the admin for the name. She has the legal right to contact the registrar and obtain username and password (which she can later change).

If a dispute arises concerning ownership, the registrar ( company where you registered the name) will be forced to lock the name and contact the registry( Verisign) and inform them of the dispute. The person who can prove that they are Paradise Transportation will get the name.

maybe you can try and sort this out w/o having to resort to the above.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
the legal domain name owner is Paradise Transportation. Rocio Rojas is listed as the admin for the name. She has the legal right to contact the registrar and obtain username and password (which she can later change).

If a dispute arises concerning ownership, the registrar ( company where you registered the name) will be forced to lock the name and contact the registry( Verisign) and inform them of the dispute. The person who can prove that they are Paradise Transportation will get the name.

maybe you can try and sort this out w/o having to resort to the above.

Yes Carlos, you are right. Rocio Rojas is my wife, We contacted the web hosting today and we was told to fax the name registration title and an American photo ID. that is all they need from us. We did it, But the ragistration title is in spanish and we have to translate it into Englih.
Tomorrow I 'll find a lawyer here in raleigh, becouse the problem is not the template, the ploblem is that the web site has my name on.

Y yo soy un Cibaeno enrredao..........

JJ.

web

Nov 5, 2005
Better check the whois info again

and get your facts correct
the op has no proof of anyone making money off of this domain except him and he doesn't even own it
the previous whois info was changed when the op left the country and can no longer run his business here
guess the "American Dream" is not all it's cracked up to be

buy your own domain, design a website, buy some hosting and market it
you have no rights to this one

buy it now - it is for sale

Registrant:
Sales Synergy, Inc

4430 sugarbend way
United States

Registered through: HostingDude.com
Domain Name: PARADISETRANS.COM
Created on: 02-Sep-06
Expires on: 02-Sep-08
Last Updated on: 01-Nov-07

Administrative Contact:
Ayers, Will will@sales-synergy.net
Sales Synergy, Inc
4430 sugarbend way
United States

Technical Contact:
Ayers, Will will@sales-synergy.net
Sales Synergy, Inc
4430 sugarbend way
United States

Domain servers in listed order:
NS41.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS42.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

bart6

Aug 17, 2007
by the way the above poster is wrong there are other ways of effecting process of service with people out of the country. if DR allows local attorney to serve people then NY accepts this as process of service.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There's what's legal and theres whats right.

WEB: There are things a few of aren't aware of like scruples and morals.

web

Nov 5, 2005
don't forget ethics

the op remarks are slanderous and without fact, ask him to prove someone was making money on his name besides him

he was given a tool to help promote his business which he is no longer running. therefore his name has been totally removed from it. this is not rocket science. he left for greener pastures, get over it

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
don't forget ethics

the op remarks are slanderous and without fact, ask him to prove someone was making money on his name besides him

he was given a tool to help promote his business which he is no longer running. therefore his name has been totally removed from it. this is not rocket science. he left for greener pastures, get over it
Those are your own words.
Given.
That denotes his ownership.
If you are the one who gave it to him and you are attempting to take it back, then it is theft, and if that is what's going on, your own words are now proof and evidence against you.
So not only do your words prove that JJ owns it, but you are also admitting to theft.
Not such a great idea to do that on the www.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
don't forget ethics

You my friend are a SC_MBAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.