Doom in the DR's future?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
After reading about the hand-wringing in the news about the interest that must be paid next year on the oil debt to Venezuela as the result of the agreement between Leonel and Hugo, I have a much bigger question.

Where's the money going right now? The DR is receiving oil and /or gasoline from Venezuela, and whipping out their new magic Hugo credit card to pay for it. The oil goes into the government's refinery, and after refining it then goes out the gate and is delivered to the gas stations. The gas is paid for in order to be delivered, or else the station doesn't get any until they cough up the cash first.

Where does that cash go???????

Is it paying the day to day bills for other government expenditures? Is it being stolen or diverted? The government isn't using the cash to pay for the oil or gasoline, they are using their new magic Hugo credit card. Is the government of the day depositing it into Banco Central to earn interest (hahahhhhhahhaa). IF they are now worried about paying the interest, the schitt will REALLY hit the fan when it comes time to pay for the oil, won't it?

Pinchardo seems to be knowledgable about the inner workings of the DR goverment - are they investing the fuel sales proceeds into a new, magic cashless system so they no longer have to buy coins and bills?

Que paso, amigos? What do you know, or think??

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
9 days later, someone else is asking the same question in public and in the news. Show us the green Leonel! Where's it goin'???

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I always ask myself from where the money for those huge mansion in Santiago and the Capitol come from!!! :pirate: