Visa for UK for my boyfriend b4 I move 2 DR

clarkski

Feb 18, 2008
Hello. I'm looking for a bit of advise as to how hard it is to get a visa for the UK. Before I move to the DR to be with my boyfriend I'd like my (Dominican) boyfriend to come visit me in the UK. Is it worth the time and hassle to do this before I move to DR? I'd like him to come and meet my family so they can see how good we are together before I move to the Dominican.

Thanks.

Clarkski

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
The Dominican REPUBLIC
SHALENA

Someone should come along and answer your actual question shortly;);)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I play the Loto here every week. I figure I can waste a couple of bucks on a 1 in 174 million chance.
That is about the chance your boyfriend has of getting a visa anywhere...

Others will not be so kind....but Anne will protect you

HB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If he has a good job here, if he owns property here, if he has at least 1000US$ in his bank account which has not just been put in there by you, then he does have a chance. Check out the British embassy website for full details. He has to be able to prove that his is coming back here

matilda

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Quick questions that need answers:
DOES HE HAVE A PASSPORT??? (If not ....... forget it)
Where does he live? He might be able to visit a consulate office rather than the Embassy.
How often have you visited him & how often have you stayed with his family?
Has HE the ? Sterling/Pesos necessary to make the application? (if not ............. forget it!!)

There are a lot more questions the Embassy will ask but if you can't get passed some of the above you should forget the whole idea & just come WITH YOUR PARENTS for another holiday first! ~ Grahame.

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Visa for Uk isnt so hard but it isnt a piece of cake either

Visa for Uk isnt so hard but it isnt a piece of cake either...if he meets the requirements he has a good chance about 90% of getting approved..especially economic ties...if he meets everything else but not the economic requierements there is still hope if you have a good job in the UK and can send a inviation letter..here is what My friend took and got their visa aproved
First you must visit www.visainfoservices.com
1) Fill Online application

2) Passport & Cedula (note: It should be the original document and have ample validity)

3) One passport size photograph - no scans

4) Confirmed Flight Reservation (You may reserve flights but do not purchase the ticket before the Visa is issued).

5) Employment Letter / Confirmation of Employment.

For Vacation: to include length of service and vacation dates.
For Business: giving full details of proposed business visit and stating employer will be financially responsible.
Self-employed: letter of incorporation/business registration document or 1040 tax return.
6) Evidence of funds: e.g, Recent bank statement (within last 30 days), travellers cheques. (Credit card statements are not acceptable).

7) If he doesnt have enough money in the Bank
a letter from his sponsor (in this case you the person he is visiting) explaining your relationship with them and the purpose of your visit.
If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for the cost of the visit, you will need: payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have enough money to support you
With a visit visa you can usually enter and leave the UK any number of times while it is still valid. You cannot stay for longer than six months on each visit. Visit visas can be valid for 6 months, one year, two years or five years. You can apply for a visa valid for any of these periods.

I have several friends who have applied for a UK visa and when the requierments are met their visa was usually granted

British Embassy. Ave 27 de Febrero No 233. Edificio Corominas Pepin. Santo Domingo.

Phone:(809) 472 7905 Consular (809) 472 7111 Embassy
Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!

clarkski

Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for all the help and advice. I guess it might not work, but there is no harm in trying, even if it costs time and money.

I say, I'd rather regret trying something than regret not trying something at all.