Shipping cargo to the dominican republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

domenico

Jan 4, 2004
Im looking to now find out how can i ship a bunch of clothes and equipment. Which is the safest option as far as shipping. I live in new york so where would i contact them im looking to ship to STI?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Im looking to now find out how can i ship a bunch of clothes and equipment. Which is the safest option as far as shipping. I live in new york so where would i contact them im looking to ship to STI?

There is a Dominican shipping company on Bruckner Blvd at Third Ave Bridge. (across from McDonalds). They ship both cars and boxes. $150 per box.

domenico

Jan 4, 2004
whats the most reliable of new york, for box shipments for food and clothing. and approx shipment time to get there by august 30. what are the box sizes?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
whats the most reliable of new york, for box shipments for food and clothing. and approx shipment time to get there by august 30. what are the box sizes?

regular dishpack boxes. Takes up to two-three months (from experience). So far everything arrived.

For faster and more predictable service can be used USPS Express Mail. For smaller packages or documents as it is more expensive by weight. But substantially cheaper than UPS or DHL or FedEx.

Jan 5, 2006
regular dishpack boxes. Takes up to two-three months (from experience). So far everything arrived.

That's a long time! I've used Montero Shipping several times and they always delivered in 3 weeks, and everything arrived untouched. :)

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
jerome ave, around the 180s, or amsterdam ave in the 160s to 170s, tons of shippers. look for the dominican flag out front, walk in they'll give you a box, 24x24x36, take it home, sqeeze as much as possible into the box and add some more, they don't care about weight, call them on the phone and they come get it, tell them it's used clothing and household stuff. odd size items no problem, they'll pack it. make sure you have a working phone # for where it's going in STI. door to door 3 to 4 weeks. i shipped a commercial three glass door cooler, 7 feet long, 7 feet high, to my comedor this way. i just brought them the cooler, no box. it arrived without a scratch, 800$ including whatever taxes/duties were paid. boxes are about 150$, depends, and most shippers will let you throw in a gallon of cooking oil free. you are very lucky to be in NY. for those outside NY city, i.e. kansas, have your stuff sent to the shipper in NY by common carrier, the shipper will take over from there. i bought a split AC on the internet and had it sent to the shipper in the bronx, i never handled it till SD.

bart6

Aug 17, 2007
i just shipped from washington heights boxes 18x18x28 to my door in sosua 80 us per box sosua shipping my dominican friends have used them multiple times without any problems, you can fit a lot in one of those boxes

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
i just shipped from washington heights boxes 18x18x28 to my door in sosua 80 us per box sosua shipping my dominican friends have used them multiple times without any problems, you can fit a lot in one of those boxes

very good price. how long did it take them to deliver? no additional customs or other payments were charged?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007

any contact info on the shipping company?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
If it looks like spam, and tastes like spam... is it SPAM? If a can of SPAM explodes in the forest, and there's nobody around to hear it, does it still make a mess???? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.