some quick questions-punta cana

hooty

Jul 8, 2008
Leaving on the 19th for gran bahia principe. Some quick questions?
Best to use ? credit cards, debit cards (ATM's $ or pesos?) Any
problems with cash (heard somewhere they don't like $$) Traveling with
some kids.... television in english? do they have DVD players in room or
can you rent them? Any idea what excurisions cost. My daughters really
want to horseback ride on the beach. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Sany

Oct 2, 2007
Leaving on the 19th for gran bahia principe. Some quick questions? I just returned, so based on my experiences, this is what I suggestBest to use ? credit cards, debit cards (ATM's $ or pesos?) I found that using pesos for me was better as things worked out costing me less - bargaining helps. I used the ATM, but only the scotiabank ATM worked for me. It's $5 CDN for each transaction. I did not use credit cards but only because of the interest that would accumulate. Any problems with cash (heard somewhere they don't like $$) I had no problem using pesos or US dollars Traveling with
some kids.... television in english? Yes, there are english (ABC,NBC, CBS etc...)and spanish TV stations. Granted there was too much to do, I never watched TV do they have DVD players in room or
can you rent them? There was no DVD player in the room - I brought a portable one from home for my music. It may work out cheaper for you to do the same at it may cost you to rent one... You can contact the hotel and ask if renting one is an option Any idea what excurisions cost. My daughters really
want to horseback ride on the beach. On the day that you have orientation, you will have someone there to explain all the excursions and how much things cost. If horse-back riding is not an option, you can inquire with other tour operators outside of the resort . Not sure about the cost, but it is avaialble Any help gratefully appreciated.
Hope this helps

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and that been a complete one.
for anything you would like to request but your tourrepresentative does not offer just chat with the friendly guys of the guest service, they get you the contact you need. horseback riding is usually available from all resorts.
have a blast
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Bahia principe is a nice resort, Have a quick look on tripadvisor.com and you will see many different reviews and tips. I visit there every week, and i have stayed on a number of occasions. The resort is very large and can take awhile to get your bearings, I would use debit cards and try and withdraw enough for a few days and deposit want you dont think you need immediatly in the room safe as drawing money everyday will add up in charges. The machines will automatically dispense pesos.
There will be a few trips on offer to you from your representative, horse riding will no doubt be one of them, I can also recommend Saona Island, Caribbean festival and Monster truck safari. There are english channels on the T.V but there is so much going on outside you will probably be too busy. Dont forget to check out "The Circus of Dreams" show on thursday's at 9.45pm!!!!! ;)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
just a little add to the ATM's.
yes, they only dispense pesos, local currency, like all over the world.
there is a limit per transaction of 10.000.- pesos(a bit less than $300.-US),
but you can take several transactions of that amount in a row up to your card's daily limit.
have a blast
Mike