What company would ship my car from Miami, Florida to Santo Domingo?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Do yourself a big favor and forget this idea. You have no idea of the cost and grief you will encounter. Use the search function or just take my word for it.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
Do yourself a big favor and forget this idea. You have no idea of the cost and grief you will encounter. Use the search function or just take my word for it.

Thanks for an honest response. It will probably be easier to buy a car over there.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What company would ship my car from Miami, Florida to Santo Domingo for a reasonable rate?

I have yet to hear of anyone having a good experience of shipping their car here or actually saving money. If your looking for horror stories I can post 4-5 of them :)

When you add in the charges, taxes, payoffs and factor in your time, your might find it's actually cheaper to buy here.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have yet to hear of anyone having a good experience of shipping their car here or actually saving money. If your looking for horror stories I can post 4-5 of them :)

When you add in the charges, taxes, payoffs and factor in your time, your might find it's actually cheaper to buy here.
All true, unless you need a specific vehicle that you cannot find here.

Importing stuff rarely saves any money.

gonzaloque

Feb 14, 2005
If you are absolutely convinced that you want to ship your own car down here instead of buying one here already, I have always found it best to use a reputable car dealer to handle the transaction for you. They do this every day and know all the ins and outs.

They will tell you exactly how much it will cost you BEFOREHAND and you can decide to go forward or not. Of course, they will charge you a fee. Yet this will be much less than the grief you will encounter on y our own. You can choose the dealership of your choice, I have done this in the past using Espaillat Motors (809-578-0162) in Moca, they are one of the largest car and suv dealerships in the Cibao region and have affiliated dealers in New England and in Florida.

Disclosure: I am not affiliated in any way with this dealer, just my experience as a paying customer. You can do a little research and find a reputable dealer of your choce, as well. The bottom line is having as much information as possible before you go ahead with your plans.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Last I heard there aren't any automobile factories in the DR, so every car there is imported. Most of them are imported by dealers and wholesalers, who work in volume, have experience and connections, and know exactly how to get a car into the country as cheaply and painlessly as possible. When you try to import a car yourself, you are in effect making yourself their competitor without any of the advantages they have. IMHO, it will almost always be a losing battle.