60 Miles East (film) NYC

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hey!! it's finally arrived!!!! It's going to be playing at the NYC Latino Film Festival. July 24, 2008. It's going to be shown at a theater, not sure which one, located at 110 W 57th St -----the cross is 6-7 Ave....At 7 PM.

I'm excited!!!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I saw it, I was very excited when it arrived.
I thought that it was ok... A little disappointed though
SHALENA

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Google NYC Latino Film Festival 2008..... or put in 60 miles east in this sight and there is a short about it.

elton

My thread snapped!
Jul 1, 2008
I found the synopsis -

The Dominican Republic is a small island in the Caribbean with a population of just over nine million, a stable economy and a democratic system of government. Known for its beaches, music and famous baseball players, the island looks like paradise. But, a closer look reveals the wealth of this paradise touches only a few, leaving most in search of alternative, often drastic solutions.

Those wanting to leave the island often attempt to go to the U.S. and emigrate with residency or tourist visas. Those who don?t have the opportunity to travel with a visa try by any means to reach the closest U.S. port: the island of Puerto Rico, just 60 miles east of the Dominican Republic.

Crammed into fragile, wooden boats ("yola"), Dominicans risk their lives in search of better ones. In the past twenty years, more then 500,000 people have put their lives in jeopardy crossing the shark-infested waters of the Mona Passage, leading to Puerto Rico. Approximately 200,000 Dominicans have arrived safely on the opposite shore. Others have been caught and brought back, soon to try the voyage again. But the rest are simply said to be...disappeared.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Try 60mileseast.com. There used to be a trailer. Or go to the search site at the top of this page and put in lendeborg. There is a lot written about it.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Can you tell us why without giving too much of the movie away?

I wanted to know more of what the people were thinking on the yola, I thought more interviews of them at that time were warranted, instead of just watching the boat sway back and forth with music in the background or listening to them argue. I thoroughly enjoyed the interviews they had of them before the trip.
SHALENA
Hope I didn't give away too much!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This movie SUCKS!!! NOT worth the $12 we paid for it!!!! Of course, the guy that did it is a NOBODY that just had a little money and wanted to do a movie...Shoot, I could do that too!!!

NOTHING of substance...NOTHING...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
MQ-could you please elaborate? Because from the previews I've seen it looks pretty good.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Wow.... I just found out that I have to work the night that it was playing. I was really disappointed but... after the MQ review.... I guess I'll just rent it.

Could you give us a little move info.

2LF

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
MQ-could you please elaborate? Because from the previews I've seen it looks pretty good.

I'm not MQ but I can say that I was also entrigued by the previews but the movie was not all that.
Too much of nothing...
You can only watch people sway back and forth with sad faces for so long...
SHALENA

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm not MQ but I can say that I was also intrigued by the previews but the movie was not all that. Too much of nothing...
You can only watch people sway back and forth with sad faces for so long...
SHALENA

Funny!!!!!!:cheeky: OK, now I get it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This movie SUCKS!!! NOT worth the $12 we paid for it!!!! Of course, the guy that did it is a NOBODY that just had a little money and wanted to do a movie...Shoot, I could do that too!!!

NOTHING of substance...NOTHING...

Evidently not the view of HBO who are interested in obtaining the rights & translating to other languages.

Congratulations Jorge!! :) Hope negotiations come to a successful conclusion.

HBO Latino comprar?*a derechos de la pel?*cula* 60 Millas al Este

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Reminds me I brought a copy back with me & need to watch it... Lambada, if you want to see it, I may be over in your area on Monday & can drop it off.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada, if you want to see it, I may be over in your area on Monday & can drop it off.

Very kind of you, CFA, thank you. We have visitors staying in the house for the next 2 weeks so I wouldn't get the time to watch & return it anytime soon but it'd be nice to see you again :). I'll email you.