Dominicans in Niagara Falls?St.Catharines?

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Just curious if there are any DR in Niagara falls or St.catharines..
My hsuband and I are going there for the weekend, with our son to be tourists..... :) Wanna know if there is anything special there going on...
Also if there is any Brugal we can purchase there? Or DR foods etc...
We can't find any in our home town...

Thanks

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I don't know of any places that you can purchase Dominican foods/products/Brugal in Niagara Falls or St. Catherines, but for sure you can get Dominican products in Buffalo across the border. We always go through Fort Erie, not sure what you might find in Niagara Falls, NY. If there is Wegmans store, they usually have a really good international section.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
we had a great weekend... it was nice.. We will be travelling often to Niagara & St. Catharines cause my mother lives there.
No signs of brugal though hahahahaha
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

chiquitin1384

Aug 8, 2009
Brugal

I found Brugal in a Liquor Store in Youngstown, Ny, wich is 20 minutes away from Niagara Falls, NY. I also found hispanic food, like platanos, Yuca, aguacate, etc. at the Tops Supermarket on Niagara St in Buffalo, NY.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
A small hispanic community exists in the Buffalo/ Niagara region-

The Niagara Falls, NY and Buffalo area has a small but visible Puerto Rican community and a few Dominicans. That's why you are able to get Hispanic food, Spanish literature in both Barnes & Nobles and Borders etc. and other cultural needs. I am regular visitor to Niagara Falls, NY region for that said purpose. The same holds true for Rochester, NY 55 miles away from Buffalo and Syracuse, NY which is further down the interstate 90 east and a beautiful region of New York state.

~Marianopolita.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
You can also find Hispanic food in the Wegmans that's close to Buffalo State College on Elmwood.

I found a can of Sanchocho there, I haven't tried it yet though. The Rite Aid across from the Tops on Niagara Street in Buffalo also has a huge assortment of Spanish greeting cards.