Dominicans in Chicago?

Niya

Jul 22, 2008
Hey all,

Anyone out here? I'm always hearing that there are Dominicans here, I've lived here for about a year with no successful contact with another Dominican!! I've been around Humboldt Park and no success there either. Looking for restaurants, clubs, culture centers, people to chill with (platonic only) anything! LOL I'm on the northside in Albany Park. It's extremely diverse but still.. I've found no one.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Tnx.

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
there is a dominican club/restaurante called el sitio at 1255 north pulaski.1-773-486-8977.the ower is peter.he'll have all types of info for ya.saturday night is their tropical night.you'll have no problem finding dominicanos there.they have a dominican festival as well.there's 2 other restaurantes also.el authentica sabor dominicano 3330 west north ave.1-773-395-0804/1-773-395-0801,and punta cana 1024 north ashland 1-773-252-7200.there's a colmado dominicano also.i think peter knows where it is.my mom has 2 dominicanos working for her in her school on the north side.i can see if they would like to give their phone numbers to ya.there is a dominican beauty salon on the southside.it's in between 3900 south western and maybe 4300 south western on the righthand side going south.the beauty salon is in the front and their house is in the back.very nice people.you can't miss it.
hope this helps ya out,
zach

Last edited:

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
there is a dominican club/restaurante called el sitio at 1255 north pulaski.1-773-486-8977.the ower is peter.he'll have all types of info for ya.saturday night is their tropical night.you'll have no problem finding dominicanos there.they have a dominican festival as well.there's 2 other restaurantes also.el authentica sabor dominicano 3330 west north ave.1-773-395-0804/1-773-395-0801,and punta cana 1024 north ashland 1-773-252-7200.there's a colmado dominicano also.i think peter knows where it is.my mom has 2 dominicanos working for her in her school on the north side.i can see if they would like to give their phone numbers to ya.there is a dominican beauty salon on the southside.it's in between 3900 south western and maybe 4300 south western on the righthand side going south.the beauty salon is in the front and their house is in the back.very nice people.you can't miss it.
hope this helps ya out,
zach

el restaurante punta cana is no longer open,i checked it out today.

i went to el authentica sabor dominicano on north ave.ohhh yes there open.thought i was in santo domingo their was so many people.really nice because you can have lunch and watch dominican tv channels on their teles.
their bandera and mangu' are the best!!!

JrSantiago

Jan 11, 2009
I realize the last post here was awhile back, but if i go outside and walk around the block i get lost, I am originally from NY, looking to meet some paisas.

Teresa76

Oct 28, 2008
Hey

If you are in Chicago, I may be able to help you. Contact me. I'm from Chicago and I still reside in the Chicagoland area

shauns

Nov 18, 2009
There will be a lot of Dominicians at Oro Solido

Oro Solido and Mambo 7 will be performing LIVE, December 5th!! There will also be a guest DJ from MIAMI spinnin the hottest Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Cumbia, Reggaeton, and More! This will be a night you don't want to miss. Tickets are being sold fast, so get yours today!

Tickets can be bought in advance at: http://oro.eventbrite.com

Event:

Oro Solido & Mambo 7, December 5th 2009
Club Mambo/Mambo Cafe
3336 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL. 60641
Phone: 773-481-2050