Food issues at Riu Bachata

Status
Not open for further replies.

milleniunthug

Jul 2, 2006
I'll be at Riu Bachata July 27 to August 2. Over the past few days I've read that some poeple have gotten food poison, doea nayone know or heard of any food related at Riu. I know that had a large problen a couple of years ago. any info is a appreciated.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Best advice...keep your hands clean, dont over-indulge and stay hydrated...that means non-alcoholic beverages!;)

Enjoy, its a nice complex.

travelingraysgirl

Apr 25, 2008
I stayed at the Riu Bachata at end of June-early July

Me and my daughter stayed here for a week at very end of June. I found the entire complex to be very well kept. I had no complaints about cleanliness or service whatsoever.

The food was pretty good, especially breakfast. We enjoyed it there very much and had no issues with sickness of any sort. Never met anyone there who complained either.

Before you enter into any dining facility onsite there is a lady who ensures that everyone sanitizes their hands. All the stations appeared well looked after and the food seemed to be at the correct temperature. The food handlers appeared to be consciencious too. No complaints at all.

We loved the Riu complex - it is quite extensive with the other resorts adjoined and you can go to any of them for food and drinks, with the exception of dinner, but you could probably get away with eating at the others if you chose to for dinner too.

I highly recommend it and would go back. I hope this helps alleviate any fears.

travelingraysgirl
p.s. it is quite easy to travel around too-we cabbed to bus station in Puerto plata for $12 us and then took bus to Sosua for $1. Easy to get around for sure and we never encountered any problems
p.p.s. we walked out to main road to get a cab as resort has set pricing posted in there lobby.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Best advice...keep your hands clean, dont over-indulge and stay hydrated...that means non-alcoholic beverages!;)

Enjoy, its a nice complex.

ah???? did u say non alcoholic beverages????? my dear drloca, whats the use of the vacation? :tired: lol but seriously there must be a market in the complex where you can buy bottles of water, there is a market at playa dorada complex, so i assume there is one at riu bachata, ask reception.

but yes you must be careful i also got sick two years ago at a playa dorada resort, but there is hope many of these hotes make a dish for you right at the grill or hot plate maybe its better that way.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
ah???? did u say non alcoholic beverages????? my dear drloca, whats the use of the vacation? :tired: lol but seriously there must be a market in the complex where you can buy bottles of water, there is a market at playa dorada complex, so i assume there is one at riu bachata, ask reception.

but yes you must be careful i also got sick two years ago at a playa dorada resort, but there is hope many of these hotes make a dish for you right at the grill or hot plate maybe its better that way.

Bottled/purified water is free and is available at any bar or in your room fridge.

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.