Santiago Translation

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I need to get some documents professionally translated by a Judicial interpreter and legalized in the Procuraduria General in Santiago. Does anyone have any lawyers they'd like to recommend? I did a search and found a post where bachata mentioned Juan Sebastian Pichardo Castillo, but I'd like to have other options as a backup. I'm not picky about location or anything else, just price :) I'd like it done as cheaply as possible!

Thanks in advance...

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
StellaRay;

Lic. Nereyda Zouain de Jorge
Res. Gran Rey, Apto B-1
Santiago, Rep. Dom
Tel: 809-582-4055
Email: nenezojo13@hotmail.com

I have had her translate many Official documents for me and she has always done a good job of it. I recommend her highly.
Be sure and tell her what it is you need translated and ask for a price.
Tell her Sr. Billy Adams recommended her to you-- that way the price will be greater. :):):)

Texas Bill

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I also need some documents translated and certified for Canadian Embassy for my wife's application, we just called the lady and she wouldn't tell us any prices over the phone. she told us to come to her office and discuss it with her in person. weird.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
liam1
Her answer is not uncommon. She has said the same thing to me. It depends a great deal on what must be translated and the length of the document(s) to be translated.
She is an elderly lady and this is her sole source of income. Try to understand that she is just trying to get the most she can for the work she does and is not trying to gouge you.

Texas Bill

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Texas Bill i understand your point, but we clearly explained we needed Certificado de Nacimiento and Certificado de Matrimonio translated and she still wouldn't give us a quote. i find it absurd to have to drive all over Santiago to wherever it is she lives and for all i know she can drop some ridiculous price on us. people invented a phone for a reason.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Liam1

You really need to understand that Dominicans do not practice the same social interactions that those of us from the Northern climes do. They have an entirely different logic to their minds and consequently are frequently at odds with our mores.
As a matter of information, one "Certificado de Nacimiento" can vary as much as 1/2 page from another issued from a different office. The same applies to a "Certificado de Matrimonio". I have solid evidence of this with my own pursuit of these documents and translations.
In addition, the wording is very often differently arranged, since there is no "standard" by which they are issued. A great deal depends on the abogado who files the original paperwork requesting the documents.
I know all this sounds silly, but remember the fact that you are dealing with an entirely different legal system and functional procedures then what you aare accustomed to.

Texsa Bill

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Just to get back at this. Texas Bill we used this lady's services and were happy with her. There was only one mistake where she put "de" instead of "of". Her price is very reasonable too. Thanks for recommending her.