Best bbq sauce - Rocky's.. hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
hi all. this is my first post here. but i have been lurking for a year now.

i just wanted to chime in that my daughter and i finally had a chance to try rocky's famous ribs...

i am NOT a rib fan by any means. but i do love a great sauce.

Marco has something special here. very special.

my daughter (whom is only 12) demolished an order of 9 (his largest) on her own !! i had three, and was quite taken aback by just how great they tasted.

it truly was everything the reputation spoke of..... and then some.

but, what i enjoyed even more.. that i dont see much mention of at all, is the spicy sauce on the buffalo style wings.

WOW :eek:

and again i say WOW :eek:

i cant remember the last time i had a sauce that tasted THAT good.

now aside from the food, which was fantastic, i was lucky enough that marco was present, so my daughter and i had a wonderful conversation with him while awaiting our meal.

such a pleasant, laid back, easy going guy. he made my daughters year when he thought she was 17 or 18 (shes actually 12) and then went on to tell her she had all the makings of a model, etc... she was floating on cloud 9 to have heard such compliments.

the atmosphere was great, the staff was extremely friendly, and honest.

my bill came to a mere 925 pesos, (which shocked me after having eaten at jose oshays only two nights prior, and receiving a bill for over 2800 pesos for my daughter and myself) i handed the girl at the counter 1500 pesos and she looked at it, and handed back the other 500, explaining that my bill was only 925, so i handed the bill back to her and explained it was a tip. she looked at me puzzled, and handed it back to me. so i again handed it all back to her, and explained it was for her, for being so pleasant and courtious.

i gatheredshe assumed maybe i didnt realize how much i was tipping. but i did. i own a pizza shop in ohio with my brother in law, and i belive in tipping well, for good service and good food. so i knew what i was doing. but in her honesty, she tried giving it back.

anyway, enough rambling. i just wanted to make my first post, while the savory aftertaste of that delectable sauce was still in my mouth !

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Oh my God he is going to have such a big head after this!!!!!!!!!! Mind you I agree that the ribs are fab and I will do the buffalo wings next time.

matilda

Marco does have great food and excellent staff, the steak sub is also another fantastic item on his menu,
as for the other place mentioned, I won't ever go back after being bilked for Bloody Ceasars, I do not mind paying but when I pay don't bring me a second bill and tell me I didnt pay the first time.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i should have also mentioned that i have the steak filet.

omg.

i dont know what he puts on the steak (and i'm not gonna ask, cuz i already know the price to learn the sauce recipe) but that was by far one of the best seasoned steaks i have ever tasted. cooked perfectly. tender. and very very tasty.

i'm still sitting here with my mouth watering !!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
i should have also mentioned that i have the steak filet.

omg.

i dont know what he puts on the steak (and i'm not gonna ask, cuz i already know the price to learn the sauce recipe) but that was by far one of the best seasoned steaks i have ever tasted. cooked perfectly. tender. and very very tasty.

i'm still sitting here with my mouth watering !!

Then enough said , I will try the Rocks steak.

Love most of the food, but I will never understand why the Restaurant's do not offer Hienz ketchup, let's face it .

If you want to sell French Fries, then cut your own chips and do it properly!

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Death, taxes and Rocky's fantastic ribs!!! All guaranteed.

His employees are fantastic also. Ordered a custom built bloody mary and showed the gal how I like it.

Next trip in...she had it down perfect....

Bruno really runs the place <grin> and I enjoy every minute with Marc. He even sweetened up my laptop.

Marc is a hellava lot sharper than most realize. As a retired teacher I know smart folks well. Marc could EASILY teach creative writing at the college level.

Dang, his noodle will be huge now!!!

S/Old fart Phil

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Too bad I am here in NY right now. All this talk is making me HUNGRY!!!!

I am going to Outback tonight to get my fix, yummy!!!! (lol);)

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Incredible...

That description for your head has been used for years...everywhere.

Phil

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

That must be a huge business opportunity for someone... you cannot beat a 'real chip'.

Heinz Tomato Ketchup is readily available here in the DR so why, oh why, can't we get Heinz Baked Beans?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Let's KICK OFF a new Campaign !

That must be a huge business opportunity for someone... you cannot beat a 'real chip'.

Heinz Tomato Ketchup is readily available here in the DR so why, oh why, can't we get Heinz Baked Beans?

Try Bush Baked Beans and add the Heinz.

Of course you need to remember not to ask the Dog for the recipe, as he is not speaking to the DR! Paparazzi.

It's Contract season and everyone wants to " Show me the Money".

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Then enough said , I will try the Rocks steak.

Love most of the food, but I will never understand why the Restaurant's do not offer Hienz ketchup, let's face it .

Mike I;

The secret is also in the type of potatos used. I always use Idahos, they always end up tender, but not rubbery like White potatos do.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I just must add my kudos to all the above.
Of ALL the places I have eaten, in the DR, Rockies is by far the best as to service, food quality and quantity that I have had.
That includes Outback, and all the others that are so famous in the States. His hamburgers beat McDonalds, Whopper's, and Wendy's hands down. The only other place that I can think of was one in Waco called Captain something. Fresh cooked from scratch with lots of lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
Right now, I have a pierna in the pressure cooker affter soaking in brine and pickling spices for 30 days (Corned Beef, ya'll). The cabbaage is ready as are the poratoes, onions, celery and carrots. Just had to mention that.

Texs Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.