File Number Starting with a "B"

Loula

Mar 2, 2007
Does anyone know if the letter at the beginning of a file number from the C.I.C. office in Haiti is significant? I can't seem to find anything in the search engine.

Thanks

Loula

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome
if you read all posts in this forum related to Canada immigration you'll see that they all talk about having a B client number. It's the way to look up your status in Haiti online.

Some of our members are going through the process right now and I'm sure one of them will respond soon.

Loula

Mar 2, 2007
B File Number

Okay... so the B means nothing except perhaps processed in Haiti (an C.I.C. internal thing). All files processed for DR start with a B. I know I can check the status with ECAS on line.

Thanks

Johana

May 24, 2006
Loula,

when you sponsor your spouse the sponsor will receive an 8 digit Client Id number with CIC. Once the application reaches Haiti and they start processing they will assign a "B" File number.
If you are on the CIC Client Application Service (CAS) site you can enter your Client ID number and your name, DOB and birth country. You should see whether a decision has been made and the status of your spouses application. Do not put too much stock in this website as when I look under my ID it remains "not available" for my husband. (They started processing on Jan 31).
If you ever receive the BFile number from Haiti - they will likely not tell you even if you request it - then you can enter the BFile number and your spouses name, DOB and birth country. You should then see when they started processing the application.

That's all it tells you. At the beginning of the process I looked at the site and read up on all the information. I was under the impression that the website would be updated through the different process steps and you would have an idea of where your application was. This is not the case. I'm pretty sure that they will never update the website under my ID and my husband will have a visa in his passport and it will still say unavailable.

It's very frustrating but I don't think Haiti will start providing updates any time soon. Hope the explanation helps :)

Loula

Mar 2, 2007
Once again thank you Ladies

I am not sponsoring my spouse. My step-sister is applying for a Study Permit to go to University here. There was a document missing and they sent her a letter. The file number was on the letter that they sent to her.

I was just wondering if the B meant some kind of priority classification.

Have a great day!

Loula