Do you know this school???

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Please, a friend of mine needs some information on a school named Los Milagros" or "Cristo de los Milagros" (not sure which name it is). She would like to know the tuition for ages 5 and 7, or if you have the contact info, I would greatly appreciate it.
\SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry, she now tells me that the name of the school is "Colegio Los Milagros" and it is in La Caobas. Let me know if you know anything...a phone number or website....we have searched the internet to no avail.
Thanks Again,
SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Are we talking about Las Caobas in Santo Domingo??
Or is there a neighborhood in Santiago called Las CAobas??

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
She is talking about in Santo Domingo...and I don't know anything about Santo Domingo...
SHALENA

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
OOPS!!!!!!!!!...............my brain had a hiccup and was thinking la castallena, not las caobas. las caobas may be a great place and although i've probably been there several times without knowing it, i can't say. sorry for the goof up.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Las CAobas in Santo Domingo is a public housing project build by President Balaguer for people living next to the river...Many took the apartments, rented them out and moved back to the river and wait for another flood...Low class place for sure.

HB

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Las CAobas in Santo Domingo is a public housing project build by President Balaguer for people living next to the river...Many took the apartments, rented them out and moved back to the river and wait for another flood...Low class place for sure.

HB

You're right on the money HB. My ex-husband's baby sitter (when he was a small child of course) got one of those apartments from Balaguer, she lived by the Ozama river in La Cienaga. She sold the apartment for pennies, bought a color TV, a new mattress and moved back to La Cienaga.

Sorry but I couldn't hold the comment, no intention to hijack the thread :pirate:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
The school is "Colegio de los Milagros", it is in the area Las Caobas.
She just wants to know the tuition as her boyfriend's ex seems to be asking for alot of money for school tuition for the children, or the phone number if anyone knows it. We have not found a website on the school yet and it is listed as "regular" in the Dept of education page that is linked to the Sticky here: "Private Schools"
SHALENA

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Las Caobas is a barrio located in Prolongacion 27 near the Bohemia beer manufacture plant, the place is not a good one so you can count that the school is not the best place for a children to learn without the usual tigueraje that surrounds schools located in barrios.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Las Caobas is a barrio located in Prolongacion 27 near the Bohemia beer manufacture plant, the place is not a good one so you can count that the school is not the best place for a children to learn without the usual tigueraje that surrounds schools located in barrios.

Plus can't be that expensive, my daughter is in San Juan Bautista in Bella Vista, one of Santo Domingo's most expensive neighborhoods and I pay 3,000 a month for her tuition, so get the idea that if the school is in Las Caobas, the tuition cannot be more than 1,500 pesos a month