Alberto Suites

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
Hi,

Have any one stayed at Alberto Suites hotel in Santiago?
I will be in next month and I called and made reservation for 9 nights. and need to get some info on the hotel. how far is it from the airport? how are the rooms do they have a pool the person spoke to did not speak English that well so I could not ask him all this.

thanks
Jay-

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Alberto Suites is located on Vicente Estrella Street sort of at the top of Los Pepines. A long time ago the street was lines with Pines but, alas, no more...

Anyway, The place is one of my alternative inexpensive places to stay in Santiago. Certainly no pool.

It is about 20 minutes from the airport.
Most of the rooms are decent, not luxurious by any means.

I look forward to your report on this place, as it will certainly offer a needed update.

If you are not happy about you accommodations, i would recommend the Hotel Colonial on Salvador Cucurrullo Street, a bit further downtown. Same price range, and if you get a place in the new section it is RD$1,350 with breakfast included (A/c, no pool, fridge, large beds)...

So do report back.

HB

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
thanks for the info. I was told that Alberto suites was a step up from colonial is that not correct do they not offer (A/c, no pool, fridge, large beds).

Jay-

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have not been there for a long time, so i can't address your question...

HB

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
also do I need to rent a car it's my first time staying in Santiago I normally stay in Sosua where I did not need to rent a car.

thanks again

May 12, 2005
also do I need to rent a car it's my first time staying in Santiago I normally stay in Sosua where I did not need to rent a car.

thanks again

Have you driven in DR before?? Think twice before taking that step. Taxis within the city are reasonable.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
TAxis are still 100 pesos to most places within the city. From end to end, probably 200 pesos...A lot cheaper, safer and hassle free that anything else....no kidding...

HB

jayt122

Sep 14, 2004
I, have driven in the DR, Puerto Plata mostly but I will take your advice. My novia for the last two years has just move to santiago from Santodomigo in the last 6months and I was thinking of taking her for a drive, maybe drive to see her mother in mote crisi.

I'm not big on disco's is there a bar you can recomend that I can go to during the day for a drink and that have english speaking patrons?

thanks again.

May 12, 2005
Jay,

Unfortunately Santiago is pretty much a Spanish speaking town and not oriented to tourists. You are not going to find businesses that cater to english speaking people. As far as driving goes, since you have done it before, as long as you feel comfortable.

vnazaire

Sep 4, 2010
Alberto Suites better !

Alberto Suites is located on Vicente Estrella Street sort of at the top of Los Pepines. A long time ago the street was lines with Pines but, alas, no more...

Anyway, The place is one of my alternative inexpensive places to stay in Santiago. Certainly no pool.

It is about 20 minutes from the airport.
Most of the rooms are decent, not luxurious by any means.

I look forward to your report on this place, as it will certainly offer a needed update.

If you are not happy about you accommodations, i would recommend the Hotel Colonial on Salvador Cucurrullo Street, a bit further downtown. Same price range, and if you get a place in the new section it is RD$1,350 with breakfast included (A/c, no pool, fridge, large beds)...

So do report back.

HB

I did stay at Alberto Suites for 9 nights , late March 2010; the street location is found in a better area of the city , part residential and part small businesses (colmados, lavanderias, cybercafe,colegio)
whereas Hotel Colonial is located near buses terminal, cheap bars and greasy fast food places.
Colonial is more for backpackers and young university students looking for cheap emotion-laden activities.
Alberto generally provides suites with a living room/kitchen area with fridge, 4-plate range.
Alberto is more in the 1 000 pesos range , give or take 10%.:cheeky:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Alberto is a 5 minute walk up the street. you dont take a taxi to the monument from Alberto it is a waste of time and money. Its is only 3 blocks. colonial is way down there close to 30 de marzo, so maybe 20 minutes walking.