Looking for work in Puerto Plata

sophie8750

Jul 27, 2008
Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I will be moving to Puerto Plata in September or October and I am looking for work.

I'm a Canadian and I have excellent communication skills in English and French.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this search. I really don't know where to start...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Start by searching the board using search function in blue bar at top of page (use words like 'employment Puerto Plata' 'work available' ). And maybe post here what you actually can do (other than communicate in English & French, because those are skills possessed by many in the DR).

Will you be depending on work in order to survive? I ask because you already seem to have made the decision to move................

metalgirl404

Jul 24, 2008
send your curriculum to ocean world or life style holidays they are looking for people with your skills.

sophie8750

Jul 27, 2008
Thank you Lambada!

I guess you are right, I should list more of my qualifications in hope that someone can help me.

I have a College Diploma, I graduated from a Law Clerk program in 2003.

I have worked as an administrative assistant for the last 5 years. I have good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet, finance software). I know about finance and accounting procedures (accounts payable / receivable, budgeting, and payroll...). I have the skills to manage an office. I am a hard-worker, I can work independantly or as part of a team.

I've also worked as a subsitute teacher, tutor (FSL), and I have my TESOL certification.

I've also worked as a waitress and as a bartender.

I did search as you suggested, but I haven't found much. I'm assuming it would be easier to find work once I'm actually in POP, but that seems a bit risky as I don't want to be there for months without a job. I was hoping on securing a job before my arrival.

suzita1

Jan 20, 2008
There is a recent job posting in this forum seeking paralegals at a law firm in Puerto Plata, sounds like this would be a position that you could apply for with your skill sets.