Opening a call center in the DR

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
I am contracting friends in opening a call center in DR.
They are all Dominican citizens and will be on the corporation.

1) Do you have to set it up as a free zone corporation to get added tax benefits

2) Will a normal corporation listed as a call center get the same benefits as a corporation set up as a free zone corp?

3) What are the benifits and are there tax benefits for DR citizens?

Please let me know I truly appreciate your help!

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
1) Do you have to set it up as a free zone corporation to get added tax benefits. Yes

2) Will a normal corporation listed as a call center get the same benefits as a corporation set up as a free zone corp? No

3) What are the benifits and are there tax benefits for DR citizens? The benefits are for the corporation set up in the free zone: income tax exemption, etc.

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
1) Do you have to set it up as a free zone corporation to get added tax benefits. Yes

2) Will a normal corporation listed as a call center get the same benefits as a corporation set up as a free zone corp? No

3) What are the benifits and are there tax benefits for DR citizens? The benefits are for the corporation set up in the free zone: income tax exemption, etc.

Income taxes and what other benefits?
Please list them if you can!
Thanks!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Income taxes and what other benefits?
Please list them if you can!
Thanks!

Those are all of the benefits, unless you want to encourage employees from other call centers that are located on the same Military looking compound to work for you, for a "few pesos more".

The next thing you know is some banditio named Clinto Westwood arrives on a burrow and asks you to "make his day"

Seriously, the local talent here is few and far between.

Free zone or not !

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
the local talent here is few and far between.

Free zone or not !

I don't understand the statement, by local talent do you mean trained bilingual agents? I beg to differ, I have a small call center (105 agents) in a free zone in Santo Domingo and in four years I never put an ad in the paper, I get my agents from referrals from other agents or they just walk in. I also have worked for large call centers who recruit 50 and 100 agents at a time and even when it's difficult recruiting so many and often, they always find their agents.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I don't understand the statement, by local talent do you mean trained bilingual agents? I beg to differ, I have a small call center (105 agents) in a free zone in Santo Domingo and in four years I never put an ad in the paper, I get my agents from referrals from other agents or they just walk in. I also have worked for large call centers who recruit 50 and 100 agents at a time and even when it's difficult recruiting so many and often, they always find their agents.

I should have been more clear. The local talent may be good for simple inbound customer service campaigns, but for outbound, B2B campaigns whereby you need the ability to think on your feet is where I find the talent pool rather shallow. This is true every where, however!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
..campaigns whereby you need the ability to think on your feet is where I find the talent pool rather shallow. This is true every where, however![/QUOTE]

Why is it that most of the locals are able to think so well on their feet when doing bachata, merengue and even salsa? Can that help in a call centre? lol!!!!!!!!!!!:cheeky: