Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update please on delta flights discontinuations??

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Update please on delta flights discontinuations??

It seems Delta is pulling out of :
    sti-jfk
    pop-atl
    sdq-jfk as planned for sept 12. I was wondering if there is going to be any changes to these discontinuations? You think they will extend the flights for a bit longer?
    i am surprised that pop-atl will also bite the dust.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

wow so no more direct flights to DR via JFK? this is terrible....
    i'm still flying Delta to and from at the end of this month [august] and fortunately make it back to NY before they pull the plug on JFK! this is sad...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

here is what I have researched.
    Puerto plata - Atlanta route will be reestablished December 20th, daily flight
    Santiago-Atlanta will start December 20th, daily flight

Seems like the flights to and from jfk will be discontinued from sept. 12th.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Here the story of Delta operations to DR

Delta to discontinue JFK/SDQ AND STI FROM SEPTEMBER 12

DELTA AIRLINES TEMPORARY WILL SUSPENDED ATL/POP AND JFK/PUJ AND COMES BACK ON DECEMBER

ATLANTA/SANTIAGO STILL BOOKABLES STARTING DECEMBER 20,2008

JFK/SDQ MIGHT COMES BACK SOMETIME 2009

ATLANTA-SDQ/PUJ WORKING NORMAL WITH 757 AIRCRAFT

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Northwest Is Pulling Out There Seasonal Services From Punta Cana

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    here is what I have researched.
    Puerto plata - Atlanta route will be reestablished December 20th, daily flight
    Santiago-Atlanta will start December 20th, daily flight

Seems like the flights to and from jfk will be discontinued from sept. 12th.
    AZB

Those changes in schedules by Delta benefit me , i will be able to flight non-stop from Atlanta to Santiago, no need to flight to POP or Santo Domingo, or make a connenection in Miami with AA.

Sorry for the rest of people who flight from Jfk, but somebody need to lose.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
    Those changes in schedules by Delta benefit me , i will be able to flight non-stop from Atlanta to Santiago, no need to flight to POP or Santo Domingo, or make a connenection in Miami with AA.

Sorry for the rest of people who flight from Jfk, but somebody need to lose.
    someone needs to lose? i would think there are more people flying to DR via JFK than from Atlanta. The airlines are the ones missing out! LOSERS!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalencastro View Post
    someone needs to lose? i would think there are more people flying to DR via JFK than from Atlanta. The airlines are the ones missing out! LOSERS!
    Delta is losing when they fly from jfk. they are not making money from jfk - dominican republic routes. Operational costs are way too high. They seem to do ok, cost wise, from atlanta hub to dominican republic.
    santiago to atlanta non-stop will be a welcoming change for me as I only fly to atlanta from DR. So Viva delta airlines.
    AZB

p.s. speaking of atlanta: Ezequiel, have you eaten hot wings at wild wing cafe in marietta (roswell road). Yummmy yum yum. Tuesdays (after 6pm), buy one dozen and get the other dozen free. 1 hour wait usually to get a table.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

AZB, i can understand if they are losing money when flying from JFK from a financial perspective i can somewhat understand them having to cut a lot of destinations. but given the number of dominicans and people that travel to DR from JFK i am sure outnumber the number of people to and from Atlanta. i'm glad it works for you since you have reasons for going to ATL. it makes sense for them since Delta is also based inATL....too bad that the airline industry on a whole is losing just about everywhere....stinks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    Delta is losing when they fly from jfk. they are not making money from jfk - dominican republic routes. Operational costs are way too high. They seem to do ok, cost wise, from atlanta hub to dominican republic.
    santiago to atlanta non-stop will be a welcoming change for me as I only fly to atlanta from DR. So Viva delta airlines.
    AZB

p.s. speaking of atlanta: Ezequiel, have you eaten hot wings at wild wing cafe in marietta (roswell road). Yummmy yum yum. Tuesdays (after 6pm), buy one dozen and get the other dozen free. 1 hour wait usually to get a table.
    AZB
    I don't eat that much, and i hate to wait for a table, but i will check it out, takes for the tip

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast