Update please on delta flights discontinuations??

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
It seems Delta is pulling out of :
sti-jfk
pop-atl
sdq-jfk as planned for sept 12. I was wondering if there is going to be any changes to these discontinuations? You think they will extend the flights for a bit longer?
i am surprised that pop-atl will also bite the dust.
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow so no more direct flights to DR via JFK? this is terrible....
i'm still flying Delta to and from at the end of this month [august] and fortunately make it back to NY before they pull the plug on JFK! this is sad...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
here is what I have researched.
Puerto plata - Atlanta route will be reestablished December 20th, daily flight
Santiago-Atlanta will start December 20th, daily flight

Seems like the flights to and from jfk will be discontinued from sept. 12th.
AZB

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Here the story of Delta operations to DR

Delta to discontinue JFK/SDQ AND STI FROM SEPTEMBER 12

DELTA AIRLINES TEMPORARY WILL SUSPENDED ATL/POP AND JFK/PUJ AND COMES BACK ON DECEMBER

ATLANTA/SANTIAGO STILL BOOKABLES STARTING DECEMBER 20,2008

JFK/SDQ MIGHT COMES BACK SOMETIME 2009

ATLANTA-SDQ/PUJ WORKING NORMAL WITH 757 AIRCRAFT

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
here is what I have researched.
Puerto plata - Atlanta route will be reestablished December 20th, daily flight
Santiago-Atlanta will start December 20th, daily flight

Seems like the flights to and from jfk will be discontinued from sept. 12th.
AZB

Those changes in schedules by Delta benefit me :bunny:, i will be able to flight non-stop from Atlanta to Santiago, no need to flight to POP or Santo Domingo, or make a connenection in Miami with AA.

Sorry for the rest of people who flight from Jfk, but somebody need to lose.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
huh?

Those changes in schedules by Delta benefit me :bunny:, i will be able to flight non-stop from Atlanta to Santiago, no need to flight to POP or Santo Domingo, or make a connenection in Miami with AA.

Sorry for the rest of people who flight from Jfk, but somebody need to lose.

someone needs to lose? i would think there are more people flying to DR via JFK than from Atlanta. The airlines are the ones missing out! LOSERS! :ermm:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
someone needs to lose? i would think there are more people flying to DR via JFK than from Atlanta. The airlines are the ones missing out! LOSERS! :ermm:

Delta is losing when they fly from jfk. they are not making money from jfk - dominican republic routes. Operational costs are way too high. They seem to do ok, cost wise, from atlanta hub to dominican republic.
santiago to atlanta non-stop will be a welcoming change for me as I only fly to atlanta from DR. So Viva delta airlines.
AZB

p.s. speaking of atlanta: Ezequiel, have you eaten hot wings at wild wing cafe in marietta (roswell road). Yummmy yum yum. Tuesdays (after 6pm), buy one dozen and get the other dozen free. 1 hour wait usually to get a table.
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
AZB, i can understand if they are losing money when flying from JFK from a financial perspective i can somewhat understand them having to cut a lot of destinations. but given the number of dominicans and people that travel to DR from JFK i am sure outnumber the number of people to and from Atlanta. i'm glad it works for you since you have reasons for going to ATL. it makes sense for them since Delta is also based inATL....too bad that the airline industry on a whole is losing just about everywhere....stinks

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Delta is losing when they fly from jfk. they are not making money from jfk - dominican republic routes. Operational costs are way too high. They seem to do ok, cost wise, from atlanta hub to dominican republic.
santiago to atlanta non-stop will be a welcoming change for me as I only fly to atlanta from DR. So Viva delta airlines.
AZB

p.s. speaking of atlanta: Ezequiel, have you eaten hot wings at wild wing cafe in marietta (roswell road). Yummmy yum yum. Tuesdays (after 6pm), buy one dozen and get the other dozen free. 1 hour wait usually to get a table.
AZB

I don't eat that much, and i hate to wait for a table, but i will check it out, takes for the tip ;)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
oh damn

AZB

next time i go to ATL i'll look for that, Tuesday special eh? LOL :bunny:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
AZB, i can understand if they are losing money when flying from JFK from a financial perspective i can somewhat understand them having to cut a lot of destinations. but given the number of dominicans and people that travel to DR from JFK i am sure outnumber the number of people to and from Atlanta. i'm glad it works for you since you have reasons for going to ATL. it makes sense for them since Delta is also based inATL....too bad that the airline industry on a whole is losing just about everywhere....stinks

It makes a lot of sense, since Delta will be charging more than double the price, if they charge $300.00 dollars from JFK to STI roundtrip, now they will charge almost $800.00 from ATL to STI roundtrip, so eventhough the plane is not full they will gain.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
that makes sense for them on a business standpoint, but i'll be damned if anyone in ATL will want to pay $800 to fly to DR. Delta has lost their damn minds!

The last time i had flown from Atlanta to the DR during Christmas time i paid more than $1000.00 USD, you can't get anything cheap, if your only option are a stop in Miami with AA or Newark with Continantal.

So $800.00 it's not bad, i'm saving money :bunny:, i know it's crazy for NYC, NJ travelers to the DR but it is reasonable for us in the Southern U.S.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
thats XMAS time dude, all flights are expensive then. im not paying $800 in the middle of August to fly to DR so they lose my business already....crazy how everything is expensive!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Ezequiel, have you confirmed $800 for ATL-SDQ? im sorry but thats a rip off....but hey if it saves you money so be it.
thank goodness i purchased my JFK-SDQ tickets before the price hiking! i paid $320 round trip for end of August! now thats a deal!

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Ezequiel, have you confirmed $800 for ATL-SDQ? im sorry but thats a rip off....but hey if it saves you money so be it.
thank goodness i purchased my JFK-SDQ tickets before the price hiking! i paid $320 round trip for end of August! now thats a deal!

Not Atl-SDQ, actually is more like 400 USD, SDQ it's cheaper don't know why, but i hate to flight to SDQ when i have an international airport 15 minutes from my house.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i have never flown anywhere but SDQ when going to DR, ive been to Santiago's airport to pick a friend up before, its small.....but hey if it's close to home even better right?

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
i have never flown anywhere but SDQ when going to DR, ive been to Santiago's airport to pick a friend up before, its small.....but hey if it's close to home even better right?

It's priceless when you exit the airport and in 15 minutes you are in your home chillin.