What's up in Cofresi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duece

Mar 11, 2004
Have you seen the sign on Cofresi Beach put up by EMI/Sun Village advertising ocean front lots for development? I thought there was a 60 meter rule. Plus, thousands of Domincans use this beach, not to speak of tourist. Just wondering if it can be done and does anyone know what's going on.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Here's one of the listings for it..............

Have you seen the sign on Cofresi Beach put up by EMI/Sun Village advertising ocean front lots for development? I thought there was a 60 meter rule. Plus, thousands of Domincans use this beach, not to speak of tourist. Just wondering if it can be done and does anyone know what's going on.

Don't have an answer to your question, but here is a listing for it:
Dominican Republic Real Estate More details on your Dominican Republic Villa, Land, Condo, Apartment or Commerical Enquiry

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

The land is owned by Sun Village and the chief crook of Cofresi who has all local judges in his pocket. He can easily get an exemption from the 60m rule. Of course any buyer would need his 'help' to get the exemption, or bribe someone himself. Marina de Guerra gives this exemption out pretty cheap. But don't worry, at the asking price of US$25M they will have to wait a few decades to get a buyer.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Strong

Pretty strong words, C'Man.
Is it a go or another scam?
You know the area.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
When I was last there in May it looked like they were preparing Cocoloco Point for development. They had demolished the resterurant and did some superficial grading. I had heard that was the area they were going to build on.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
The 60m rule doesn’t seem to matter, anywhere, anymore. Look at the project in front of the police station in Cabarete with a corner out to the water, the houses in Sabanete and Gasper Hernandez that are within 5m of the water and for that fact, the 100 truck loads of sand a day that they take off the beaches in Gasper Hernandez. Rules and law don’t seem to count anymore, just payoffs.

Massielg

Apr 30, 2008
www.casasdevacacionesrd.blogspot.com
The 60m rule doesn?t seem to matter, anywhere, anymore. Look at the project in front of the police station in Cabarete with a corner out to the water, the houses in Sabanete and Gasper Hernandez that are within 5m of the water and for that fact, the 100 truck loads of sand a day that they take off the beaches in Gasper Hernandez. Rules and law don?t seem to count anymore, just payoffs.

This is very sad....and real...

Everything here is business.. people just think about money, and do not think about the damage they cause to the planet..to the nature..

:disappoin:angry::cry::dead:

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Pretty strong words, C'Man.
Is it a go or another scam?
You know the area.

Treasure Bluff is the proposed development of two parcels, one across the street from Ocean World Adventure Park and the other parcel along Cofresi Beach from The Beach House Restaurant (now called Ahora's) to Ocean World entrance. Sun Village and their partner, who own the land, have named the two lots 'Treasure Bluff.' In my opinion, it is indeed a 'bluff' because nobody will buy at US$25M asking price, not even at $5M, because the beach is considered public beach and the Cofresi home owners assocation, together with politicians they can round up via a ****ed of public, will put up a big fight to stop the development of the beach parcel.

Now the parcel across the street from Ocean World has potential, but the beach parcel, whoever buys it, will have major problems.

abnor

Nov 7, 2006
Public Beach

One of the beauties of Cofresi is watching the Domincan Families play on the beach on the weekend. The Bluff is nice place to walk across but I wouldn't want to live there!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
One of the beauties of Cofresi is watching the Domincan Families play on the beach on the weekend. The Bluff is nice place to walk across but I wouldn't want to live there!

One of the horrors is the garbage they leave behind. Have you ever seen the beach/Bluff area Sunday night or Monday morning? Sun Village has to clean it up every Monday, it takes a crew the whole day. Its a shame that so many Dominicans have no respect for their environment.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Cofresi Junta de Vecinos ! ! ! Yes

The Cofresi Junta de Vecinos, is, as I write, swinging into action; into near violent opposition. Forces are organizing; lawyers are being groomed & growling! This may turn into an epic battle? With all of the Dominicans & 98% of the Gringos on the same side. The side of the good guys. Please stay tuned.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Costa Esmeralda is the eastern tip of cofresi beach, Hacienda Lifestyle HOlidays is building there with some Eastern European partners. Nice piece of property, they need more inventory to sell as their time share club is very successful.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I believe the 60meter limit is more alive than ever.
Actually, from what we have come to learn from recent discussions on the LEGAL forum, it would seem that now, even the exclusion based on preexisting rights may be off, as once one goes thru the deslinde process, the 60m are automatically taken OFF the title.

Certainly, some will still be able to buy themselves around the law again, but I would question if that is a privilege foreign buyers would really want to bet their money on to be able to have access to.

... J-D.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
If it indeed is the land currently been offered at USD 27.5M, as to description, it has an area of 10+ acres (about 40'500 m2). The ads furthermore state that it boasts 565m of ocean front... so, IF the 60m recess is included (40'500 / 565 = 72) the legally owned land would be only 12m deep or 6'780 m2. At 2'7 Million this would boil down to an effective USD 400.oo/m2 :bunny:

Again, this assuming that above description includes the 60m recess which would be taken out of the title at deslinde!

... J-D.

TimH

Aug 4, 2004
www.guesthouse-jarabacoa.com
The 60 (or was it originally 70?) mts. limit-law measured from the last wave reaching shore land inwards might be getting a special treatment for special projects but also changing governments slip local power/authorities in different hands at times and might leave homeowners especially in a risky state of physical use of the building only by paying an "extra-fee" to the actual local ruling mix of "Marina-Turismo-Abogado-Sindico"-creeps. Foreigners with no or little spanish language skills and often a given impression of unexperienced, self-conscious newcomers are out there for a serious
ride with these terrible copies of human beeings often working hand in hand with the sellers. I used to live on the Peninsula Samana for some time until late 97. What I saw what was done to clients in the real estate buisinessection was even by fraud-standards almost surreal. By writing me personally I can send you some pictures of some examples of nice properties that can never used as such.For my own personal peace of mind I would never send you any other written information, leadin for example to some real gross violent Mafia-like acts to some wannabe ownwers to some research about the more extreme facts of violence that happened. So, in case if you are interested to some property over there in good old Samana, let it check by independent lawyers better three times (Title--and ---Plan (Deslinde) both very often hard to get--if not falsified.Especially in the area).

In general for the DR speaking: Make sure you really want to stay some place. Try to rent something for a few years and see if it means still the same to you after passing some time. Not only for americans: Selling some property here takes much more time than in your homecountry, even compared to the current crisis. More or less the same situation might be exist for other places right now.

Also there is one consideration that for me strangely future homeowners not give enough thought....The closer some property is to the beach the more it is decaying. I saw perfect equipment turning into rusted pulp in a matter of months or houses painted with boatpaint could not stop the effects of aggressive salty sea-air.

Uh-what he heck--I love the heart of the country much better anyway. Jarabacoa is the "Centre Of The Universe". At least for me.

Just some very personal advice from a strange german West-Berlin-dude whose island drowned and yet found another one some 15 years ago.

Love
Tim (keeping an open mind for improving my English or Spanish, so please go ahead)

champ

Dec 2, 2006
this project is on cocoloco point at the end of cofresi beach on the beach trail to costambar,,this has nothing to do with the elliotts and treasure bluff

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you, Conchman & champ. I think it's worth repeating that Hacienda Lifestyle has no connection to the Elliotts because there seem to be some misperceptions floating around........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.