WestJet cancelling all flights for Sept and Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
West Jet just called a said my flights from Toronto were cancelled to Puerto Plata. Thank God I booked with a travel agent. They didn't even call her and she did the booking. I am now out for blood. They were going to give me a credit for a flight that I have already paid for. I think not! I want the cash back and at least a voucher for another flight. This has really put a wrench in my plans as I have booked an apt for 4 weeks. :angry: Is anyone else been hit like this by WestJet?

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
I use WestJet all the time and as a member received a notification from them advising that "seasonal service to POP ends August 30th and resumes 2 November."

Fortunately my next trip isn't planned until December.

Robin

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I booked and paid for my flights on June 25 to fly Sept. 27th and return October 25th. They didn't even contact the travel agent. She called them and gave them a piece of her mind. I am now trying to find alternative flights for the same dates. Jet Blue flies from Syracuse to NY then to PP. They are cheaper but I fear the loss of luggage if I go this way. The other choices I have are either double the price with lay overs in Montreal or Miami. The charters don't give 4 week trips. I am really stuck as I have my apartment booked and a friends wedding to attend.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I fly from New York's JFK to POP on Jet Blue - but I do carry on. And I sometimes stay for 2 months and pack really carefully so as not to have to check luggage. The flight crew are great about helping me put my rollerboard above.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
tell me where are you flying from and i can recommend some alternatives.

the fall is the worst time to find flights, but there is some stuff available on the cheap.

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
american, delta, continental are ok. the stop over in miami is not so bad. jeblue works better, and if you can't find one to pop, try santiago or sti.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
First Shot

West Jet just started regular service to POP in high season this year around January. After May or so they went to once per week but still regular rather than charter. They are suspending service for Sept. and Oct. because it's the traditionally lowest season for Canadian travelers, but say the will "start back with vigorous schedule" in November.

Taylor

Jan 28, 2005
I think Air Transat still flies during that period, but only once a week

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
JetBlue

I booked and paid for my flights on June 25 to fly Sept. 27th and return October 25th. They didn't even contact the travel agent. She called them and gave them a piece of her mind. I am now trying to find alternative flights for the same dates. Jet Blue flies from Syracuse to NY then to PP. They are cheaper but I fear the loss of luggage if I go this way. The other choices I have are either double the price with lay overs in Montreal or Miami. The charters don't give 4 week trips. I am really stuck as I have my apartment booked and a friends wedding to attend.

JetBlue also flies from Buffalo to JFK and then to POP - I fly that route on occasion and have never had a luggage problem with JetBlue: I've probably flown with them 50 times to various places around the US and Caribbean since they started.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
west jet cancellation

They called me and cancelled my flight which was booked for September. The agent told me it was due to some missing paperwork with the Dominican Governement so not sure if that is true. I was refunded all my money plus a small credit to use for anyone on a future flight. It sucked but they treated me ok

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I have flown JFK to STI and POP many times and have never had baggage problems (except la esposa) However, I dropped off some friends yesterday and the luggage allowance from USA to DR is first checked bag free, the second $10.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.