2008 Revistas

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
Has anyone any information when the 2008 Revistas will be available. I know last year they came out in July. In previous years they have been out in May.

Crane

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I think the OP might be refering to the Placa - the one that costs about RD$2500 . I was wondering when it will be available. Does anyone have any info on it?

Olly

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I think the OP might be refering to the Placa - the one that costs about RD$2500 . I was wondering when it will be available. Does anyone have any info on it?

Olly

Usually available around October.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
But don't you have to renew your revista in the month marked on the sticker? It's the placa that comes out on a specific date, right?

BradM

Sep 6, 2007
Yes, they ran out when I had to renew my revista. I went and paid the fees at BanReservas, and then went to Puerto Plata in November to get the sticker, and they had none, but they did stamp the receipt to show I was there, and if I got pulled over, all I had to do was show the receipt. I never got stopped as the police knew there were no stickers as well. I drove without one until March when the stickers showed up.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In Puerto Plata I always renew when they first get issued regardless of the month marked. We have been known to run out of them up here if you wait too long........:ermm:

None of mine have ever been "marked", they are too lazy in Santiago.
I always have to look at the paper work to see the date.
They are valid for 12 months from date of issue.

My renewal is in September, near the end of the month.

PS: Mine is official from the government office, not bought on the street.