Bitter BoSox fan writing for DR1?

abduke23

Mar 7, 2007
Hollywood home for Manny
Former Red Sox slugger Manny Ramirez is feeling right at home among the bright stars in Los Angeles. Ramirez, who weaseled his way out of Boston through temper tantrums and management bashing, seems comfortable in his new digs. The slugger went 4-5 on Sunday with one homerun and three RBI's, helping the Dodgers top the Arizona Diamondbacks. In all Ramirez went 8-13 during the weekend stand with 5 RBI. Ramirez also had his first four-hit game since 1 June 2007, making Los Angeles fans extremely happy about their near future with Ramirez. All will be fine and good as long as Los Angeles can keep their latest prima donna star, Ramirez, happy.

So much for impartial journalism... whoever wrote this news bit sounds very bitter about the Manny/Bosox situation. Thanks Theo for getting rid of that Yankee killer :cheeky: and get over it Sox fans, your new 86 year winless streaks starts in '08 :bunny:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We had a bit of a laugh about that. The news guy is a die hard Red Sox fan and he couldn't help himself :)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Who's bitter?

Thanks Theo for getting rid of that Yankee killer :cheeky: and get over it Sox fans, your new 86 year winless streaks starts in '08 :bunny:
2 World Championships this century. 86 your MFY's.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Go Cubs...

It's about time they win!!!!

The Sox won, and then the other Sox won...Now its time the Cubbies get theirs...Plus they have a few Dominicans so that would be cool...

Mr. Lu

meanmike

Feb 24, 2008
Why does everybody think sox fans are bitter? we're movin' on baby! 5 of 6 and this team has been reborn since the trade. good luck to manny, but the team really needed him to go away. Oh, and by the way, its the World Series Champion Red Sox to you!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Sox fan here and am not bitter at all. I was suprised that they went as far as they did this year. Gotta face it...they are not a young team. I like the rays youth and admire them (and they even have a Navarro on their team...my last name)...but I think i am gonna root for philly. As for Manny...yeah...i miss him. But if he wasnt happy then let him go. Bay did pretty well this season. I think in general Boston has one more good year left in them if they dont start getting some younger talent. Big Pa is looking old and slow :-(

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
They got it, and more.

I think in general Boston has one more good year left in them if they dont start getting some younger talent. Big Pa is looking old and slow :-(
They've been pulling up young kids every year for some time now; Papelbon, Youkilis, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Masterson, Bucholz, Murphy et al.

Couple more on the way next year too!

Mar 2, 2008
Boston has been doing alright. I see nothing to be concerned about. They're competitive every year, and they give the fans a good ride, a fun team to follow and easy to defend, with a great ball yard.

As far as the OP's comments are concerned, isn't that what sports-writing is all about? You've got to root for someone. Why not someone deserving, like the BoSox?

By the way, good luck to whatever team ends up with Manny (the bottle hasn't stopped spinning yet). He's a major league head case.

Finally, if any of us is still around in 86 years, good luck to ya.