need help

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Hi fellas so I want to take a week off form work and go to DR but I don't know whether I book my flight 1st or book the week off from work 1st :( You see we have to reserve the week in advance from work then it has to be approved. Now if I book the week off from work 1st, will I be able to then book a flight+hotel in Cabarete or Sosua? My concern is not finding the flight and hotel for that week after it has been approved by by boos. Also I find it that flights are over $600 roundtrip from Toronto, Canada and then to add hotel + food, it will cost a lot of money. If I book an all inclusive, it will be cheaper but I can't bring in chicks to my hotel :( I found this in Sosua but I don't know if I can bring chicks:

Red Tag Vacations - Shop, Compare and Payless

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

A

apostropheman

The bad news is that you link shows a blank page, to us, so you'll have to provide the details manually.

The good news is that there are many hotels at reasonable prices, that also allow guests, in Sosua. Some as low as $25 a night and many more around $45 a night.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/584059-post2.html

The link above should give you a few ideas.

If I were you I'd get the time approved then find the flight. The last time I had to change dates it cost me about $225 so be sure you have the time off before booking. No AI that I am aware of will let you bring in different guests. You would have to register one and stick with her the entire time, at a fairly stiff cost.

If playing with the chicas is your intent you're much better off booking the cheapest flight and also guest friendly hotel as you'll need a room in town anyway. If that means an AI then at least you'll be able to save on some food and booze costs by going there...if it's actually in Sosua, and use the other room for your "fun".

Last edited:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Yes, it seems for your vacation plans an AI would be the worst choice. Apostropheman is absolutely correct. Stay at a small inexpensive hotel. Mingle with the locals. Eat out in town and have a ball. Also, an AI will put you right back in Toronto in a way, kind of defeating the idea of your getaway!!

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
you may wish to inquire if the ai fee is included in the package for the resort. i would hate for you to think you are getting a good deal on an ai resort only to find out you must pay the food/beverage fee. this may be the reason the ai's seem so much cheaper. hope it all works out for you and you have a safe and enjoyable vacation

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Thanks for your replies fellas. Now I have a few new questions for you. Where can I find the cheapest flight from Toronto? How much will food cost me if I eat 4 times a day? $10 a meal, $20 or what? If I want to go kitesurfing, snorkling, etc how much will that cost? To sum it up how much can I expect to spend to live like a KING for 1 week, without flight ticket. Thanks again.

p.s I will bring a buddy to split the hotel bills by the way ;)

Also do I need a VISA to go to DR?

Are there interac machines where I can take money from? Where is the best place to exchange currency? Is there a sticky on what to do and bring to DR? Soryy guys this is my 1st vacation and I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Thanks for your replies fellas. Now I have a few new questions for you. Where can I find the cheapest flight from Toronto? How much will food cost me if I eat 4 times a day? $10 a meal, $20 or what? If I want to go kitesurfing, snorkling, etc how much will that cost? To sum it up how much can I expect to spend to live like a KING for 1 week, without flight ticket. Thanks again.

p.s I will bring a buddy to split the hotel bills by the way ;)

Also do I need a VISA to go to DR?

Are there interac machines where I can take money from? Where is the best place to exchange currency? Is there a sticky on what to do and bring to DR? Soryy guys this is my 1st vacation and I am excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do know the answers.

Cheapest flights are last minute ones booked on the Wednesday or Thursday before your Saturday flight. If you have to book in advance you'll pay more. Just look in the Toronto papers on Tuesday for sell offs.

Two guys shared accommodations in an all-inclusive is the cheapest but as you have pointed out you can't bring unregistered guests back to your room.

If you need to eat 4 times a day then the all-inclusive is the answer [drinks are free as well] and then take your "guest" to a cabana for your companionship. A cabana will cost you about $10.00 for 3 or 4 hours.

Kite surfing equipment can be rented in Cabarette for about $20.00 for 4 hours and snorkel gear can be rented on Sosua beach for $6.00 for the afternoon.

You get a tourist visa to fill out when you arrive here in the Dominican Republic.

There are ATM's all over the place, banks, supermarkets and gas stations.

How much do you need to live like a king on your vacation. If you have to ask you don't have enough to live like a king here for your weeks vacation.