Punta Rucia

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
A few weeks ago Miguelina and I decided to take a road trip from Sosua to Punta Rucia. The drive took about 3 hours.
We stayed at the Hotel La Tortuga. They didn't have hot water but the room was clean, bed was comfortable and had screens on the windows and a complimentary pot of coffee in the morning.
DSC02225929x697.jpg

A short walk to the beach at sunset
DSC02218600x450.jpg

We had dinner at El Buzo Restaurant. The food was good and reasonably priced.
DSC02237600x450.jpg

The beach was great, the only thing that bothered me was the number of plastic beer glasses in the water. I picked up Over 50 of them. Would anyone like to buy some used plastic glasses? lol

Rick aka. El Viejo

S

sokitoumi

the countryside around luperon is nice if you fancy doing an easy route first - punta rucia is a bit more taxing I hear

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
The beach was great, the only thing that bothered me was the number of plastic beer glasses in the water. I picked up Over 50 of them. Would anyone like to buy some used plastic glasses? lol

Rick aka. El Viejo

Yes, Punta Rucia is one of the most beautiful spots I've seen in the DR -- probably in part because it's not so easy to get to...

A few years back I posted on here a series of pictures about the trash that people (mostly Dominicans) leave behind on the beach and in the water. Maybe I should re-post them on the Green Team blog as part of the "power of images" (both positive and negative) series. Viejo, do have any pics of both the beauty of the place and how people trash it that you might be able to share toward that end?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Now I feel inspired to make it out there on my next trip.