Any snakes only found In Dominican Republic?

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
So I am trying to find a list of snakes, that either can only be found in DR, or the majority. I haven't gotten any good results on google. Was wondering if anyone knows already? Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So I am trying to find a list of snakes, that either can only be found in DR, or the majority. I haven't gotten any good results on google. Was wondering if anyone knows already? Any help will be much appreciated!!!
There are very few and nobody pays much attention to them as they are not dangerous, which may explain you not finding any Google results.

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
Ahhh...Sucks. I am getting/want to get a tattoo of a snake...because I will never be able to get one (parents and wife are terrified of them...sigh). So I was trying to find out if there was a species specific to DR.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i got one for you! LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yd1cEhyusdY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yd1cEhyusdY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
There are boas......

...I know folks have posted pics and discussed this on the board in the past.

Plus , you could just tatto a pic of a sanky on yourself....thats a type of snake...but I suppose its not exclusive to the DR either. Maybe the boa will be better.

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
...I know folks have posted pics and discussed this on the board in the past.

Plus , you could just tatto a pic of a sanky on yourself....thats a type of snake...but I suppoe its not exclusive to the DR either. Maybe the boa will be better.

HAHAHA! ok thats funny :cheeky:. Boas eh?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ahhh...Sucks. I am getting/want to get a tattoo of a snake...because I will never be able to get one (parents and wife are terrified of them...sigh). So I was trying to find out if there was a species specific to DR.
They are terrified of snakes, or tattoos?

S

sokitoumi

I had one of these round my security bars on the windows although I dont think its native to here - I beleive its a rainbow boa constrictor - mine was only small about two feet long
20414207.JPG

S

sokitoumi

2680001190_f56c76dd18.jpg
heres a dominican blunt nosed vinesnake I think -found in my garden around the electrical sockets

rortiz79

Aug 8, 2008
Yeah definetly. I appreciate all the effort guys/girls. If you all see any other ones and have pics, please feel free to post. After I chose one, I wil lay it out then take a picture of the tattoo, you all contributed to!