What do you like more about native Dominican women than women from the USA?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
What is more special about Domincan women who live in the Dominican Republic as opposed to dating a woman who lives in the USA? Pros and Cons. The good and bad aspects. Is it possible to live and work in the Dominican Republic and make enough money to date those beautiful Dominican women often?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What is more special about Domincan women who live in the Dominican Republic as opposed to dating a woman who lives in the USA? Pros and Cons. The good and bad aspects. Is it possible to live and work in the Dominican Republic and make enough money to date those beautiful Dominican women often?

Yeah, all the hot ones are in sosua.
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
AZB cracking jokes as always....

not sure if this will help any but....my wife is Dominican born and raised and came to the states in her teenage years. From a very conservative and humble family in the campos of the south. I found her to be more humble, honest and genuine and had more of the family oriented qualities that i was looking for in a woman [she is very different from a DomYork or DomAmerican, no offense, this was very apparent to me from the moment we met]. That is not to say dating a woman in the US is any better or worse, but the qualities she posseses fit my needs better than any woman i have dated in the states.
Now as for the possibilities of living and working in the DR to make enough money to date the women in DR....interesting question I have asked myself. I plan on retiring in DR, not sure if i were to just move there now what i would do for a living?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
To me it is the femininity of Dominican women(Latin women in general) Don't get me wrong because North American women are fine, fine, fine also.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
AZB cracking jokes as always....

not sure if this will help any but....my wife is Dominican born and raised and came to the states in her teenage years. From a very conservative and humble family in the campos of the south. I found her to be more humble, honest and genuine and had more of the family oriented qualities that i was looking for in a woman [she is very different from a DomYork or DomAmerican, no offense, this was very apparent to me from the moment we met]. That is not to say dating a woman in the US is any better or worse, but the qualities she posseses fit my needs better than any woman i have dated in the states.
Now as for the possibilities of living and working in the DR to make enough money to date the women in DR....interesting question I have asked myself. I plan on retiring in DR, not sure if i were to just move there now what i would do for a living?

I was born in DR but I moved to the U.S when I was 8. Can you be more specific about what you feel are the differences btw your wife and a DomYork or DomAmerican? Isn't your wife considered a DomYork? I thought I read on here that a DomYork is a Dominican that lives in the U.S. :ermm:

Now, to the OP, I bet that most guys on this site will say they prefer a Dominican woman from the DR.

I am married to an American guy. We met in college and have been married for 8yrs. I would say he gets the best of both cultures. I'm a professional and very independent, but I was raised with all the conservative Dominican family values. So, he gets a wife that is independent but also takes care of all the household chores, the kid and cooks.

Some of my friends ( not Dominican) always ask why I do everything around the house, cook everyday even though I work while my husband gets to come home from work and have a drink and watch the game. They think it's not fair, but that's just the way I was raised and I don't mind taking care of my husband.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I was born in DR but I moved to the U.S when I was 8. Can you be more specific about what you feel are the differences btw your wife and a DomYork or DomAmerican? Isn't your wife considered a DomYork? I thought I read on here that a DomYork is a Dominican that lives in the U.S. :ermm:

Now, to the OP, I bet that most guys on this site will say they prefer a Dominican woman from the DR.

I am married to an American guy. We met in college and have been married for 8yrs. I would say he gets the best of both cultures. I'm a professional and very independent, but I was raised with all the conservative Dominican family values. So, he gets a wife that is independent but also takes care of all the household chores, the kid and cooks.

Some of my friends ( not Dominican) always ask why I do everything around the house, cook everyday even though I work while my husband gets to come home from work and have a drink and watch the game. They think it's not fair, but that's just the way I was raised and I don't mind taking care of my husband.

Do you have a sister? lol

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To me it is the femininity of Dominican women(Latin women in general)
Yesssssssssssssssss.
I bet that most guys on this site will say they prefer a Dominican woman from the DR.
Yessssssssssssssssss.

Which explains why most Dominican women who move abroad are not the same as the ones here in the DR, as the peer pressure makes them change.
You RV, are an exceptional difference to the rule and you are every man's dream.

Do you have a sister? lol
No kidding.:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Reactions: Bronxboy

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Us women like to take care of their men, I love getting dolled up going out and looking good, not just for him but myself too, there has to be compromise in every situation.

cleaning house in Canada opposed to DR is a HUGE Difference, in some cases one house in DR can be the size of one room in Canada..There is a difference.

I think the expectations are much higher for Canadian women to please men, it's not just about looks anymore...the competition is fierce, the work force, social circles, children /education,Finances-seems like we take care of everything and have all the control...Men have a laid back approach, work, golf, work, golf, work, golf and we are left to tend to everything.

Not sure whats happening here???lIke roles have reversed?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Roll reversal

Well I just finish a round of Golf yesterday with my administrative assistant and my Boss - both women. Women in Canada seem to like/demand their leisure time as much as any man.
The reality of life for most people regardless of country is that most of the time to progress financially both halves need to work. My baby brother complained about money last month, but he doesn't want his wife to work- then don't complain. He makes it -she spends it seems like a symbiotic relationship to me.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
American women come in all varieties. I can meet an american woman who is on my level in terms of education and socioecomonic level without having to network or troll local universities or date with a chaperon. It is also nice to date a woman who isn't a hooker without having to be in the right circle or socialize with the "elite." I can date without having to verify her bank account or her credit rating or any other "rules." I don't need a private eye to tell me she isn't out to get me for my western union money. Oh yeah, I don't have to go to a web site to verify if she is OK to date.

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
American women come in all varieties. I can meet an american woman who is on my level in terms of education and socioecomonic level without having to network or troll local universities or date with a chaperon. It is also nice to date a woman who isn't a hooker without having to be in the right circle or socialize with the "elite." I can date without having to verify her bank account or her credit rating or any other "rules." I don't need a private eye to tell me she isn't out to get me for my western union money. Oh yeah, I don't have to go to a web site to verify if she is OK to date.

So, my ultimate question is most Dominican women prostitutes because that is their only means of survival? So, are most Dominican women after foreign men for their money?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
There is one thing that really strikes me about dominican women, and I notice this going from place to place on the island.

Even the most humble campesina has a way of walking that exudes sexiness, femininity and pride all at once.

Always with their heads held high and will look you right in the eyes as you pass them by. And if you smile, they smile back. They are definitely sure of themselves-at least their mannerisms speak to that.

Whereas women in NYC get all dolled up for the sole purpose of giving every guy they pass attitude, as if they are too good to even look you in the face. And as far as exchanging smiles goes? Forget it. It just doesn't happen.

That is what I like about DR women as opposed to women where I live.

This will get deleted but this is the truth, Most will prefer a girl from DR because it is easier to get laid!!! And some will equate this with Love but it is in all reality a business transaction no matter how you look at it. In the states if you meet a Dominican you are only getting laid if she has genuine interest in you and there it is in black and white!!!!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This will get deleted but this is the truth, Most will prefer a girl from DR because it is easier to get laid!!! And some will equate this with Love but it is in all reality a business transaction no matter how you look at it. In the states if you meet a Dominican you are only getting laid if she has genuine interest in you and there it is in black and white!!!!
I don't think it will be deleted, nor do I think it should be.
It is your opinion and has some validity.
It's not the reason that I prefer them, but it wouldn't surprise me that many men see it the way you described above.
What does deserve to get deleted is this.
So, my ultimate question is most Dominican women prostitutes because that is their only means of survival? So, are most Dominican women after foreign men for their money?
I suspect that the OP's daddy never took him out to the woodshed nor washed his mouth out with soap.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004

My last post was largely tongue-in-cheek. On this board dominican women are either saints or whores. Most women in the DR are not prostitutes, the vast majority of them aren't. However, most men who visit looking for love rarely venture outside of that small subset of dominican women so they have a very skewed view of the women. When they first visit the intoxication of the attention from young attractive prostitutes causes them to think they have found a paradise where women are completely different from the attractive women back home that they covet but are otherwise not accessible.

They then try to take their relationship with these prostitutes to another level and get hustled leaving them with a jaded view of dominican women in general. Yet they keep plugging away at the same subset of women or target women who are usually very poor that will shower them with same attention as the hookers in an cynical attempt to take advantage of a financially beneficial situation.

And the cycle continues because these men are unable to venture outside of this comfort zone since doing so may kill the illusion that traveling to the DR rids them of the social handicaps that plague them in their native country. Their egos are addicted to the lure of the easily attainable sexual attention they get from this subset of women and they know that if the move out of that circle of women they will be faced with the same issues that were dealing with at home. They don't want to have to deal with rejection in their third world paradise.

So they keep on searching for that gem among the hookers. Yeah, they talk about trolling for university girls in Santiago but most of them end up with what they know best.

Reactions: BermudaRum

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My last post was largely tongue-in-cheek. On this board dominican women are either saints or whores. Most women in the DR are not prostitutes, the vast majority of them aren't. However, most men who visit looking for love rarely venture outside of that small subset of dominican women so they have a very skewed view of the women. When they first visit the intoxication of the attention from young attractive prostitutes causes them to think they have found a paradise where women are completely different from the attractive women back home that they covet but are otherwise not accessible.

They then try to take their relationship with these prostitutes to another level and get hustled leaving them with a jaded view of dominican women in general. Yet they keep plugging away at the same subset of women or target women who are usually very poor that will shower them with same attention as the hookers in an cynical attempt to take advantage of a financially beneficial situation.

And the cycle continues because these men are unable to venture outside of this comfort zone since doing so may kill the illusion that traveling to the DR rids them of the social handicaps that plague them in their native country. Their egos are addicted to the lure of the easily attainable sexual attention they get from this subset of women and they know that if the move out of that circle of women they will be faced with the same issues that were dealing with at home. They don't want to have to deal with rejection in their third world paradise.

So they keep on searching for that gem among the hookers. Yeah, they talk about trolling for university girls in Santiago but most of them end up with what they know best.
Well sir.
That was one heck of a good post.
It was also very generous of you. to not rip him out a new one, for what he said.

In a much more colourful and eloquent fashion, you corroborate what Badpiece was saying,

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
On this board dominican women are either saints or whores.

Good point - and it is also the case on here that men are always either of the class and type that never mix with tourists or they are sankeys. Those of us that know the truth and are a little more realistic know that there are other "types" as well.

Another point that I wholeheartedly agree with is that the Dominican females are born and raised to "look after their men" and do so readily. It is something (hands up time here) I LUURVE doing in the DR and take the job on 100% while I am there. It makes a refreshing change from being the strong, ballsy, independent woman that I am back home and it is nice to be perfectly honest! I would never do it back here to be honest - it's all about equality.

Anyway, congratulations fellas -good thread, some great posts, interesting reading and very insightful.... and well done everyone to a softer "feel" about the board in this section these days. So much better than the public and personal attacks of old........ ;)

Rio