Tropical Princess, Punta Cana

Bonus

Aug 13, 2008
Hello everyone!
Has anybody been to this hotel lately? Going there in late September. I would appreciate if anyone could say something about it. Thanx

silverpixie1uk

Jul 23, 2008
We are due there on the 18th Sept and I'm a bit worried now as I've just read that some Brits are being sent to the Bavaro Princess this coming weekend due to the Tropical undergoing a refurb.:surprised

Please can anyone shed any light on the refurbing situation at the Tropical Princess?

Bonus

Aug 13, 2008
Where did you read that? I'm arriving in Punta Cana on the 18th of September. Where are you from?

silverpixie1uk

Jul 23, 2008
Where did you read that? I'm arriving in Punta Cana on the 18th of September. Where are you from?

Hi, I originally found out from the Trip-Advisor forums and now had it confirmed by my TO that guests are being bumped. They only have information up until next weekend so are unable to tell us yet if we will be affected, but from his tone and my knowledge of how fast things don't happen in the DR, I'm expecting we will be. We are arriving from the UK.

Bonus

Aug 13, 2008
Well, maybe that's good... Bavaro Princess is a 5* hotel, Tropical Princess is a 4* :)

Kelvin Hughes

Sep 15, 2008
Tropical Princess.

Hi all,

My wife and I just booked to go there on Oct. 2.

If any of you feel inclined I would be interested to know what's happening re. refurb in Tropical Prinxcess or indeed any tips or advice or heavenly feedback.

Sounds like you'll all have a great time.

Please e-mail me on kelvinh99@yahoo.co.uk

I'll leave a drink on the bar for your next visit.

Anyone else going on these dates?

Regards,

Kelvin.

silverpixie1uk

Jul 23, 2008
Hi all,

My wife and I just booked to go there on Oct. 2.

If any of you feel inclined I would be interested to know what's happening re. refurb in Tropical Prinxcess or indeed any tips or advice or heavenly feedback.

Sounds like you'll all have a great time.

Please e-mail me on kelvinh99@yahoo.co.uk

I'll leave a drink on the bar for your next visit.

Anyone else going on these dates?

Regards,

Kelvin.

Hi Kelvin,

All I can tell you is that we have been moved to the Bavaro Princess which is a great upgrade. We leave this Thursday and return the day you go out.

Hope you have a great time wherever you end up.

Regards
Lynn

Bonus

Aug 13, 2008
Hi Kelvin, Lynn!

I'm also going to Tropical Princess this Thursday and yesterday my TO said that refurb is finished at that hotel and so nobody will be bumped. Hope you'll have a great time!

Eugene

silverpixie1uk

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Kelvin, Lynn!

I'm also going to Tropical Princess this Thursday and yesterday my TO said that refurb is finished at that hotel and so nobody will be bumped. Hope you'll have a great time!

Eugene

Hi Bonus,

I don't know who you're travelling with but according to Thomson, the TP is still being refurbished and we are definitely going to the BP.
Its all been quite a nightmare really as we are disabled and had booked accessible rooms at TP and have struggled to get the same at BP. I'm not happy that its cost me a fortune at 10p a minute to sort it all out again.

Still only another day in this miserable weather and we will be in the sunshine.

Have a great time wherever you end up.

Lynn

Bonus

Aug 13, 2008
Hi Lynn!

We are travelling from Russia. My tour operator told me yesterday that only one of his clients was transfered to Bavaro Princess and he was very happy to spend his vacation at that hotel. Anyway, like you said "another day in this miserable weather..." and we will be in paradise, so in fact, I don't really care in which hotel we will end up in, I'm sure we will have a GREAT vacation in DR. I hope you will have a great time too!

Eugene

sdel65@hotmail.com

Oct 28, 2008
Hi, does anyone know what is happening there with the refurb in TP now?
It is october 28 now, we are going at the beginning of December.
thank you!!