Looking for chinese in DR

camen

Aug 4, 2008
I am going to move from USA to DR, I am still in US

Thank you for your reply. I am going to DR, and i am still in US now. I will go to DR on Sept 10th. So i want to find some Chinese friends in DR.

Best regards,
Carmen

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Thank you for your reply. I am going to DR, and i am still in US now. I will go to DR on Sept 10th. So i want to find some Chinese friends in DR.

Best regards,
Carmen

Well, we don't have many Chinese in the DR, but Santo Domingo (the Capital) has a China town, Santiago the second largest city has some Chinese here and there, if you want to find Chinese friends here, go to Santo Domingo.

camen

Aug 4, 2008
I will stay in Satiago and the capital of DR too

Thank you for your reply, i will stay in Satiago and the captital of DR too.

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
How long will you be there for? Im just wondering because if you're there for vacation, there are plenty of amazing people to meet wherever you go. I was in Santo Domingo for a month in February and met a lot of really cool people living in SD originally from Spain, the US, Germany, Cuba (and from the DR of course!).

Im a Canadian born Filipina. I was travelling on my own and I didnt find anyone from the Philippines in the DR but I was open to meeting lots of new people (especially if they spoke English since my Spanish is pretty limited :eek:)

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..........and the captital of DR too.

There is a small area in Santo Domingo called China Town. China Town is located on Calle Duarte. A cab can take you there for 150 pesos. No need to worry as it is very safe to walk around. I am sure you will be able to meet someone here to help you enjoy the city.

Sorry, I can't help you much with Santiago.

14bq55k.jpg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What! I thought there were Filipinas everywhere. There a little groups of Chinese threoughout the the DR, but mainly in Santo Domingo. This area is located between the city streets of Avenida Mexico, Jacinto de la Concha, Avenida Mella and Calle Jos? Mart?, with Avenida Duarte being a central focal point. List?n Diario newspaper reports there are at least 40 Chinese-owned businesses in the area, including restaurants, laundries, beauty salons, video clubs, furniture stores, supermarkets, and pensions, primarily occupied by Chinese residents.

The Dragon House Restaurant, on Avenida Duarte, about 50 meters from Avenida M?xico, is a popular outing for middle class and even upscale families on Sundays. Architect Pedro Alfonso says that by dressing up the area, it will become a new tourist attraction.
(Cut and pasted)

Last edited:

camen

Aug 4, 2008
I will stay in DR around 10 days (Sept 10- 20th)

Hello, i am glad to receive your reply. I will stay DR around 10 days (Sept 10-20th). But maybe i will go back to DR on Jan for business, and i will stay there around sevreral months.

Best regards,
Carmen

camen

Aug 4, 2008
Thank you for your picture. It is a nice picture. Are you living in Santo Domingo ? Could you give me some information about Santo Domingo? Or if i want to open a store in Santo Domingo, what kinds of store do you suggest?

best regards,
Carmen

camen

Aug 4, 2008
Thank you for your picture. It is a nice picture. Are you living in Santo Domingo ? Could you give me some information about Santo Domingo? Or if i want to open a store in Santo Domingo, what kinds of store do you suggest?

best regards,
Carmen

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
Hey Carmen.

I dont know if you're interested but I will be in SD (and other parts of the country) on September 2nd for about 9 weeks doing some volunteer work. If you want to meet up and chat a bit (I know Im not Chinese but my parents are from the South Pacific ;)), send me a PM.

camen

Aug 4, 2008
Thank you Mr Lu

Thank you for your help Mr Lu. Are you Chinese? Because i saw your last name is the same with one of chinese last name.

Best regards,
Carmen

camen

Aug 4, 2008
Phone # change

My university just opened a new foreign language center and they will have Chinese teachers working with us. You might pop in one day. Instituto Tecnol?gico de Santo Domingo

Also, try the Chinese consulate:

China Consulate, Dominican Republic
# 952 Abraham Lincoln
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Phone: 1-809-562-5565

Thank you for your information. I tried to call this phone #: 1-809-562-5565, but this phone # didn't exit anymore. Could you tell me how i can find a new phone # for China Consulate. Thank you for your help.

best regards,
Carmen

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Thank you for your information. I tried to call this phone #: 1-809-562-5565, but this phone # didn't exit anymore. Could you tell me how i can find a new phone # for China Consulate. Thank you for your help.

best regards,
Carmen

Correction, it's not a Chinese consulate, it's a Taiwanese consulate, the DR doesn't have deplomatic relation with the "People Republic of China".