QUESTION RE: Hotel Paraiso Cano Hondo

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Has anyone been to this hotel before? I am looking at their site and they promote Eco-Friendly accomodations. However, they dont list any prices or rates to their hotel and or excursions. Anyone have a good review of this place? And how easy is it to get to? I have emailed them and have yet to receive a response....I am thinking of going up via the new Samana Highway but it seems to me that this hotel is north of Hato Mayor and not sure if I can reach it from the new highway....any info anyone has and or reviews would be helpful! GRACIAS! - J :bunny:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
great! :) maybe i can rent a donkey or a mule for an excursion through the park....sigh....oh well :eek:
Stubborn as a mule, I once did it with a truck.
Luckily it was during dry times.
By the time I got through to the other side, the truck needed a new paint job for all the trees and branches I had scraped.
It took me approx. the same amount of time as it does to fly to Europe.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
you're kidding right? you actually trekked through the wilderness on a truck? were there roads? i think i could have beaten that time on MULE! LOL :)
Stubborness mixed with stupidity is a dangerous combination.
The imposibility of turning around without reversing an hour or two, persuaded me to keep on going, and no, roads would not be the correct term.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
now THATS what i call adventuring and trekking in DR! LOL i would love to see the pics of your truck before and after that attempt!
Digicams didn't exist back in those days.
In fact, it was so long ago, I guess I could try to blame it on my youth at the time.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
sounds like a LOT of fun! LOL
anyways...i just got a response email back from the hotel, they sent me an attached file with some great info. you were right, unfortunately the ONLY way to them is via Hato Mayor and or mule....they advised me to be careful for straying trucks that might drive through the wilderness! LOL
in any case, decent rates, but i think i will pass on this due to the massive detour i would have to take in order to get there!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sounds like a LOT of fun! LOL
anyways...i just got a response email back from the hotel, they sent me an attached file with some great info. you were right, unfortunately the ONLY way to them is via Hato Mayor and or mule....they advised me to be careful for straying trucks that might drive through the wilderness! LOL
in any case, decent rates, but i think i will pass on this due to the massive detour i would have to take in order to get there!
Or you could go to www.RentaMuleintheDR.com

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
LOL imagine that...i wonder how they would rate these animals: economy, compact, full size, wonder what the luxury equivalent would be? LOL thy noble steed.... :)
Don't forget to get the full insurance package.
Those mules can be as stubborn as a mule. :chinese:

RusitoQbano

Sep 21, 2007
You could take a ferry from samana, goes every 2 hours.
Not really comfortable but better than the mule