Que pasa con gay night life in Santo Domingo

JaimeNewEngland

Aug 18, 2008
I was in Santo Domingo last June ('07). Maybe it was the time of year or maybe i'm just a little scared of walking into an unknown building, but each time I tried to visit the purported gay bars in the Zona Colonial (as per numerous recent guides and websites) there was not a soul to be found. Jay Dees, others, all seemed closed. Furthering my angst was the fact that the entire neighborhood seemed dark -- very little in the way or street lights or street life. I even tried on a friday and saturday night -- nada ni nadie.

i'm back in the DR next week.

Any advice? I'd just like a nice local bar to meet and chat with local people, drink a DR beer and practice my spanish.

thanks

JaimeNewEngland

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
You may try:

CHA - A new nightclub on the Malecon, that opened on Feb. 9, 2007. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Sundays it opens at 4 pm.

I don't know the address, but a friend told me it was open and that is where gays go.

Happy hunting.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Try Parque Duarte on a Friday night.

Remember here the places don't get busy until about midnight on the weekends.

LOL, he's looking for local people to chat, drink a beer and practice his Spanish, and you're sending him to el parque Duarte on a Friday night hehehe, it sounds to me that you think he's looking for a hook up!!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Jan knows what she's talking about: on a Friday night Parque Duarte in the Colonial Zone is like one huge street party so it is a good place to find people to chat and drink beer with.

Reactions: Theforceinme