newbie staying Sousa

kevininboston

Aug 18, 2008
Just secured air for a flight into pop and was looking to rent a condo in Sousa for a week. I was hoping to find a clean and safe place close to evening entertainment and maybe a pool or ocean. I read that El Batey and Charamicos was nice. Also I will be traveling solo so if there is any one interested in a pub crawl or in need of a wing man I will be in town Sept. 5th. 09.
If anyone knows know of a property that fits this discription please let me know.
Thanks for the help
I heard some excitng things about Sousa so I am getting excited about my upcoming visit.
Kevin

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just secured air for a flight into pop and was looking to rent a condo in Sousa for a week. I was hoping to find a clean and safe place close to evening entertainment and maybe a pool or ocean. I read that El Batey and Charamicos was nice. Also I will be traveling solo so if there is any one interested in a pub crawl or in need of a wing man I will be in town Sept. 5th. 09.
If anyone knows know of a property that fits this discription please let me know.
Thanks for the help
I heard some excitng things about Sousa so I am getting excited about my upcoming visit.
Kevin

Rocky has condos for rent.

Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar and Hotel, Sosua - Dominican Republic

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
Is this your first visit to the D.R ? , if so follow the advice of the earlier posters and check out Rockies places , hey you will get free advice thrown in , by the end of your weeks visit chances are you will be planning your next one have a ball !

A

apostropheman

There are plenty of good places to choose from in and around Sosua.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/69276-hotels.html

I realize that you stated a preference for a condo, and there are many, but there are also some hotels worth consideration on the list.

Sosua Hotel / Singles couple bachelor scuba diving retreat Hotel - Sosua Hotels
didn't make the list as it was not in operation at the time.

Best of luck and have a great trip!
Thanks for the help
Kevin

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
As stated above, (Los) Charamicos is a great place, but probably not where you'd want to be for your first trip to Sosua. Check it out while you're there and maybe think of it for your next trip, but even after several trips, El Batey (downtown/beach area) or condos like the Tradewinds or Palms are probably better for vacationing. Any of the above recommendations and links are safe bets.

kevininboston

Aug 18, 2008
Thanks for the info in regards to a condo in sousa....I see that it is family owned and was wondering if it was guest friendly?
Thanks
Kevin

appinboy

Jun 28, 2011
condos

As stated above, (Los) Charamicos is a great place, but probably not where you'd want to be for your first trip to Sosua. Check it out while you're there and maybe think of it for your next trip, but even after several trips, El Batey (downtown/beach area) or condos like the Tradewinds or Palms are probably better for vacationing. Any of the above recommendations and links are safe bets.

can anyone tell me if One Ocean PLace is still available for rentals I stayed there in 2005 ; has it been sold ; is condos dominicano the same place ; it was a great very resonable place to stay and if I remeber correctely a lady named Moser ran the place or was the manager there u can contact me directly at appinbo@yahoo.com ; am very interested in coming back to sosua for long term vacation thank you ; rick;
also on sosua beach I use to go to Mendy Bar #113 is it still there and if so can someone tell the owners I still remember them treating me really good there ; I left them a couple insulated drinking cups