(brand new video) dr festival in washington heights !! 10 minute mini movie !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
YouTube - DR FESTIVAL 2008 IN WASHINGTON HEIGHTS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Run84IuAPmk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Run84IuAPmk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EVERY YEAR PEOPLE CELEBRATE DOMINICAN HERITAGE WITH A DOMINICAN DAY PARADE IN MIDTOWN NEW YORK BUT THE HEIGHTS CELEBRATE AN AFTER PARTY OF THE PARADE WITH A FESTIVAL ...

THE CHOSEN FEW MAKE THEIR MARK KNOWN IN WASHINGTON HEIGHTS...WHETHTER ITS ST. NICHOLAS, AUDOBON, DYCKMAN, OR AMSTERDAM AVENUE IN 181ST, 182ND, 183RD, 184TH, 185TH, 186TH BASICALLY 173RD - 207TH WE HAVE LOVE FOR THE HEIGHTS !!!!

APPEARING IN THE FILM IS JORGE LUIS GOTCHA, OMAR, T.O.N.Y, RUBEN AND YOURS TRULY !!!

MUSIC BY OMEGA Y SU MAMBO VIOLENTO

- YA YO MANGUE TO
- YO QUIERO UNA CHICA MALA
- SI NO ME AMAS
- DE QUE NO HAY MANERA

ALSO

AMARFIS - EL BECALAO

*PARENTAL ADVISORY ! ...HOPE U ENJOY !!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Yo Yo, Que te parece?

Great video. New York chopo's, too funny!

Going by some of the girls in that video, I see why you guys feel at home in Sosua.

When your next in the DR, send us a PM or email and the DR1 crew will show you the real DR, the side you "foreigners" have never seen ;)

A

apostropheman

Someone needs to have their mouth washed out with SOAP!

I'll never understand why this nasty nonsense is allowed to be posted on DR1! :confused:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

I'll never understand why this nasty nonsense is allowed to be posted on DR1! :confused:

Because we have a diverse audience. Young, old, rich, poor, black, pink etc.

Maybe the dude hustling deodorant in the video has soap as well?

Love it our hate it, those guys are pretty typical of many Dominicans not only in the Heights but in the DR as well. The video was funny and a cultural insight for some.

We now have video evidence that chopo's are roaming free outside of their natural habitat :)
Jurassic Park, Amber, Chopo, I'm starting to see a connection here...

A

apostropheman

Considering the language used, and some of the topics, I find it strange but perhaps it's just me.

I wonder why some words, such as some used in the video, get the **** treatment when posting. Is it ok to break the rules in a video and then post it? ;)

At the end of the day it's not my sandbox but I do wonder at the apparent discrepancies...that said I'll leave this alone, point hopefully made to any that might give a ****. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
Because we have a diverse audience. Young, old, rich, poor, black, pink etc.

Love it our hate it, those guys are pretty typical of many Dominicans not only in the Heights but in the DR as well. The video was funny and a cultural insight for some.

We now have video evidence that chopo's are roaming free outside of their natural habitat :)
Jurassic Park, Amber, Chopo, I'm starting to see a connection here...

Reactions: Tamborista

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Robert !!! Thanks man !!!!

I appreciate the love !!!! And i thought i would get worse !!! Lol

hope the rest of you enjoy and feel free to send feedback as always !

great video. New york chopo's, too funny!

Going by some of the girls in that video, i see why you guys feel at home in sosua.

When your next in the dr, send us a pm or email and the dr1 crew will show you the real dr, the side you "foreigners" have never seen ;)

S

sokitoumi

wow thats a really nasty racist video---- perhaps robert didnt watch it all the way through

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
wow thats a really nasty racist video---- perhaps robert didnt watch it all the way through

Yes I did. Welcome to 2008, like it or love it, it's what it is.

This reminds me back in the day when granny thought Elvis was the devil.

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
What is freedom?

It is interesting why you would want something removed just because.......you do not like it.

We all have a right to choose not to read or listen or look at something that we do not like.

Who took those rights away from you?

Sholly

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think the video is not so much about dominican day parade, its always about the boys and their hangout. Hahahaha
AZB

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
What was that?!?!?

The over the top Dominicaness, the swearing, degradation of women, the indiscriminate use of the N-word? Did these boys just come out of a rap video?

Is it me or do Dominicans in the US (especially those who were born there, have never lived in the DR, know little to no Spanish and have no real clue about living in the DR) think that by waving as many flags and saying "I am Dominican" a million times in one sentence will make them more Dominican? As if repeating it over and over will make them, and everyone around them, believe they are Dominican.

This is where the skewed image of the Dominican and the Dominican-American experience is taken from and its normal "non-chopo" Dominicans who have to deal with the back lash of this. When did the 50 Cent phenomenon attack Washington Heights? I felt like I was in a 10 minute Snoop Dogg video gone wrong. I would accuse this of being minstrelsy, but I think minstrels would be offended.

Do the protagoniosts not understand that their behavior ultimately reflects on the community they claim they "love?" Do they not understand that by behaving in such a manner that quantifies all the stereotypes of this community within one 10 minute segment, fulfilling all negative social and cultural expectations, is more damaging to the "beloved" community than they think?

I don't want to be an elitist....um..actually I will be. Why not hold ourselves to a higher standard and expect more from ourselves, others and our community?

This is the "crapula" of our community. These are the stereotypes many of us have to deal with every time we proudly announce we are Dominican. Maybe these guys are very nice guys. Maybe these are the type of guys you go out and have a beer with and play ball with. Maybe it is unfair to judge based solely on a video visibly influenced by the copious consumption of alcohol. And maybe I'm just making excuses.

Some people should not be allowed to have video cameras or procreate.

Mr. Lu

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hahahahaha, o boy, I was wondering when a dominican would react to this video.
So now we all know where everyone stands on these issues.
AZB

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
Its funny cuz that video was heavily edited !!!! ... Imagine if i didnt edit it ... And robert did see the whole film he's just not stuck in the 40's like most of you !!! .... Imagine me title the film "boys chillin" who would see it ... I title it that because we were there

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Balling-Not

Its funny cuz that video was heavily edited !!!! ... Imagine if i didnt edit it ... And robert did see the whole film he's just not stuck in the 40's like most of you !!! .... Imagine me title the film "boys chillin" who would see it ... I title it that because we were there

My daughter is 1/2 black-she would knock the sh!t outta you if she ever heard you say "Nigga" around her...!

Doubt that would happen though, since she doesn't associate with "Chopo's"

I know you guys are having fun and doing your thing... and checkin out the chikas, but at the end of the day..what's missing out of your frivolous lifestyle? a good chika to come home too? Perhaps you should change your mannerisms and see what's in store for you.

Guys that flash their cash and bling-Oh God, biggest turn off-A guy you can have a good conversation with , some fun, make you laugh...it goes a long way fellas!

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Mr. Kidd

Is adequate grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax and general writing quality too much to ask? Not that I am the king of writing, but each time you post and write the way you do, it makes me cringe as it only adds and cements the images presented in your video.

You've defended your videos by saying that it was highly edited and claiming that many of us are "living in the 40's." This begs me to ask what was left on the cutting room floor or do I even want to see the extent of the ignorance and over all flamboyance portrayed by the protagonists of this video.

Honestly, are you justifying difference of opinion and taste through the irrelevant spectrum of age and era?

In your defense you are subtly implying that an age gaps exists which would not allow most to "understand" the "depth" of this video and its cultural significances and importance. As if all young urban Dominicans would rise to your defense? Wrong. This video is a joke.

Yeah, it's about you and your friends "chilling" but when I hang with my friends the words class, respect, dignity and consciousness are easily reflected in our behavior, demeanor and decorum. Not to say we don't have a great time and go "crazy" but having fun should not be equated with indecency and ignorance.

This is nothing to be proud of Mr. Kidd.

Mr. Lu

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Dam when did Dr1 turn into a bunch of p*ssies?
i suppose you dont watch rated R movies either?

you have 1 post? mind telling us who you were in you previous DR1 post's...ohhh let me guess you are just a lurker...Oh no..Jorge from the video?

No need to get defensive, just sayin' I wouldn't want these guys to "Represent" my Country!! But then again My Country has soccer fanatics!! yikes!

Watch R rated movies all the time, that's just it.. "Movies" NOT REAL!!
What happens in Movies-Normally doesnt in real life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.