buy a home with apartments

Dec 25, 2007
hola
I am buying a home with three apartments on the botttom floor.
Can any give me insight to the insurance I should buy, and from who should I buy it from?

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
insurance

unfortunately, the insurance companies in the dr seem to practice the canadian insurances practice of collecting your premium and then doing all that is possible to never pay any claims. in the dr, the insurance companies have just prefected this policy more

Dec 25, 2007
unfortunately, the insurance companies in the dr seem to practice the canadian insurances practice of collecting your premium and then doing all that is possible to never pay any claims. in the dr, the insurance companies have just prefected this policy more

Do the majority of owners not bother with insurance

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Where are you buying? Once we know we can then recommend a good agent for you.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Like anything, use the right broker and or company.

I suggest you contact Franco & Acra here in Santo Domingo.
They handle insurance needs for a bunch of DR1 people and I have never heard a bad word against them, only good things.

We (DR1) have made 4 claims in the past 3 years and never had a problem getting paid. Service was excellent and very professional.

Franco & Acra

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks for the recommendation, Robert.

I think this is a thread which could again be considered on the Legal Forum as it may raise questions about a landlord's liability to his lessees(?)... a legal issue.

... J-D.

Dec 25, 2007
Like anything, use the right broker and or company.

I suggest you contact Franco & Acra here in Santo Domingo.
They handle insurance needs for a bunch of DR1 people and I have never heard a bad word against them, only good things.

We (DR1) have made 4 claims in the past 3 years and never had a problem getting paid. Service was excellent and very professional.

Franco & Acra

Thanks for the referral