little league World Series

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Does the DR participate in the little league World Series? If not, why don't they? You would think that they would have a very competitive team.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
They Have

In the past they have, I believe the team for the Caribbean this year is Venezuela. Also, in the past there have been questions concerning the age of some of the Dominican players.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
In the past they have, I believe the team for the Caribbean this year is Venezuela. Also, in the past there have been questions concerning the age of some of the Dominican players.

There is always a question about the age of dominicans. My grandma has been the same age for yrs ;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there is a carribean champ Curacao, Netherland Antilles and a Latin American champ which is Venezuela this year........

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
very sad!!!

Eight years to this day the Rolando paulino Little league has cast a shadow of mistrust and suspicion when it comes to Dominican baseball in the U.S. they have not made things right with the community, and we have heard no apology from neither the league for embarrasing the country, nor any from Almonte as well...they alone have cast a cloud of bad luck over our now sinking baseball programs,... and major league baseball players who have been caught cheating in and out the field! does not help as well...it's sad to see that there is no Dominican representation for our national sport in amateur events such as the LLWS, the Junior LLWS, Senior LLWS, the olympic baseball teams, softball teams etc...again and I've said this in this site several times with millions of us in the island and in the U.S. we still contnue to under achieve and we have not gathered together to fix and find solutions to our athletic issues at least! I mean you can't blame goverment for this....do we not have anymore national pride!!! other then beer and bachata!....have we lost our self respect and don't give three you know wht about our pride and reputation? :ermm: Hopefully someone in charge of D.R. athletics can read this, and step up and make sure that when it comes to our national sport we should be represented and well trained prepared and respected!!!!....and to insure that our reputation of being fraudulant and down right cheaters are erased from peoples minds both in the island and in the international community as well...Look we at best need our baseball teams out there anywhere...this year was a disgrace!! we are alot more talented than that, I mean please Mexico, Curacao, Hawaii etc over us in baseball I mean what's next Saudi arabians better then us in bachata and merengue..I can't take anymore...people let's wake the hell up!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I mean please Mexico, Curacao, Hawaii etc over us in baseball I mean what's next Saudi arabians better then us in bachata and merengue..I can't take anymore...people let's wake the hell up![/B]

uuumm, Curacao(mi otro pais) always had a great little league team

Reactions: Bronxboy

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
almost every year Curacao are in the Series. with domincans it seems like politics and defections are the 2 biggest hurdles to Little League.....

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Daddy1 I thought The Danny Almonte team was not a Dominican team, but a US team from The Bronx.

The little league "world series" is a joke as some of the best teams don't participate. It's basically a bunch of US teams playing a team (not their best teams either) from a few other countries. Where's The DR, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc?

Curacao? No offense, but I think we can put together a team in Cotui alone that will beat these kids.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Daddy1 I thought The Danny Almonte team was not a Dominican team, but a US team from The Bronx.

The little league "world series" is a joke as some of the best teams don't participate. It's basically a bunch of US teams playing a team (not their best teams either) from a few other countries. Where's The DR, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc?

Curacao? No offense, but I think we can put together a team in Cotui alone that will beat these kids.

How dare you, you have insulted my father's country!!!!!!!! I challenge you to a duel:mad::mad:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
How do you figure that?

What makes you say the best teams don't participate. It's a tournament that starts at city level and escalates.

Your second statement about a team from Cotui might be a stretch, but I wouldn't bet against them either.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
What makes you say the best teams don't participate. It's a tournament that starts at city level and escalates.

Your second statement about a team from Cotui might be a stretch, but I wouldn't bet against them either.

In the US it works that way. I may be wrong, but I've never seen or heard of all these local teams competing to be the Champion of The DR to then go to the Little League "World Series".

Ricardo: I accept the duel, as long as we fight with Platanos instead of guns.

slug

Oct 13, 2005
I have not heard of Dominican participation on a country wide basis either. I assume that many teams that play are not involved with Little League. I have seen many teams in uniform throughout the country.
Years ago, the DR had a team that was disqualified because the pitcher (Almonte) was 14. The age limit is 12.
Having coached Little League in the US for many years I think the kids here are better off without Little League. They learn more and are amazingly talented. Little League doesn't pay much attention to smaller countries.
My money is on the Dominican team.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I have not heard of Dominican participation on a country wide basis either. I assume that many teams that play are not involved with Little League. I have seen many teams in uniform throughout the country.
Years ago, the DR had a team that was disqualified because the pitcher (Almonte) was 14. The age limit is 12.

My money is on the Dominican team.

Stop with the Danny Almonte thing. This was NOT a Dominican team, but a US team from the Bronx which happened to have a Dominican (Danny Almonte) playing in it. I have never seen a Dominican team participate in the little league "world series".

Danny Almonte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and I still believe we can put together a team in Cotui which can kick Curacao's behind...