Where are the Dominican Rep's jobs listed?

Karolina_Abroad

Dec 26, 2007
Hello everyone -

I've been searching for a full time position in the Dominican Republic for a few weeks but have had a difficult time locating sites that post employment opportunities. I had been offered a teaching position at a school in Sosua but after reading thoroughly through the contract I decided not to take the position. I've looked on DR1, on aldaba, sosua today, learn4good and 3wjobs. When I do a search on here or on google I search "dominican republic jobs/employment/recruiters/teaching jobs", etc. and I don't get many results.

I was specifically looking for a teaching position. I have a BA in English and in Women's Studies as well as CELTA certification (to teach English). I have worked both in the U.S. and most recently abroad for the past school year as a Pre-K English teacher (in Poland). I speak English(flueht, native), Polish (fluent) and Spanish (upper intermediate). I also have experience working in social services, retail/customer service and administrative/office positions and would be willing to work in those arenas as well.

On a side note - I have done much research on here and have seen the stickies about the private schools. Sadly, many of those posts are quite old and it seems the emails I send to the addresses listed come back to me. Either the schools are now out of business or people and therefore, emails have changed. Is there any way to get an updated list of schools and their emails somewhere?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: mike l

RafaelPabon

Nov 11, 2007
I just read this post. I had replied to your post regarding Jardin Verde. Still a lousy school in my opinion, but it seems you are looking for work there, not to enroll your child as I had assumed. You should be able to find their information on the paginasamarilla.com.do

Good luck with everything.

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Prestigiosa instituci?n educativa solicita maestra de ingl?s

Hi there, just say this in Plaza Libre, thought it might be relevant... If it turns into anything let me know... I'm looking for the same type of opportunity but only as of January.

Cheers,
Tig ;)

# Clasificado 16946
Fecha 11 de Agosto, 2008
Categor?a Empleos
Provincia Santo Domingo

PRESTIGIOSA INSTITUCI?N EDUCATIVA SOLICITA MAESTRA DE INGL?S
Creativa y din?mica.
Para trabajar con alumnos de Nivel Inicial y B?sico (1ro a 4to)
Alto Nivel de Ingl?s o Nativo.
Sexo Femenino.
Tanda Matutina.

Para m?s informaci?n llame al 809-535-3893
Enviar CV con Fotograf?a a colegioatrium2@gmail.com.
o A la Calle Desiderio Arias #39, Bella Vista. Fotos

Datos del Vendedor
Nombre Laura Mena de Yabra
Tel?fono 809-535-3893
Celular 809-660-7968
Email colegioatrium2@gmail.com

Karolina_Abroad

Dec 26, 2007
Thank you both for your reply.

Thanks for the info about Jardin Verde in the other post. I'm glad to hear about the school from both ends - parent side and teacher side.

UnAdelCarmen

Dec 27, 2010
www.myspace.com
Soy Una Horticulturista/Agronoma en los Estados Unidos,Tengo mi propio negocio aqui en NY, pero Busco empleo en el Area Medio Ambiental en Rep. Dom.- Bilingue (English/Spanish), AAS En Agricultura, Graduada de SUNY Morrisville, Con NYS Lic. de Aplicaccion & Entrenamiento en Pesticidas Cat. 3A.. Cualquier informacion o oferta seria apreciada.. Thank You :)

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Employment

Is it possible to find a job in pop area speaking and writing both enlish and german , fluently of course ?
Manuela

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
It is possible to find work but a lot harder without your cedula as you are still illegal. Many companies have stopped hiring illegal staff.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I have a friend , he is a diplomate and looking for an english teacher for his 8 month and 3 years old. He just got this package "Your Baby Can Read" . Not sure why, but he is convinced with the right teacher and this material his toddler can read before he can walk... Anyways, if you are up for the challenge and qualify, I am sure he will make it worth your wild. PM me for his number.

Good luck!

Diem

Jan 3, 2011
I used the "Your Baby Can Read" program to help a child with severe autism learn to speak/recognize language- it really works! *good luck*