In your experience, what do Dominican men look for in a woman when it comes to looks?

Lasata

Aug 24, 2008
I'm confused, so many of my male cousins date women who don't match what they say is their "type". I am not trying to make a blanket statement, but its just my experience.

Lasata~Place of Peace

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Easy, dark ones like the light ones and the light ones the dark ones - how do you figure there got to be so many mixed people here?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What do they look for in all women, doesn't matter where they are from.

Unfortunately, if you are talking about Dominican guys it does matter where you are from to 99% of them. If you have US citizenship or residency this will be important to many of them.

If you want to meet Dominican guys who are interested in you, don't look in the coastal areas and try to pick someone of the same education and economic background.

This forum has many, many threads of women who don't care for this type of advice and have paid the price.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
What do they look for in all women, doesn't matter where they are from.

I think they all have different taste in women, i don't think we can say Dominican men like a certain type, but many times i see that light skin man would be attracted more to a dark skin woman and vice versa, IMO.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I think they like all kinds of women. I also think that in some Dominican families it is frowned upon if you are lighter to marry darker. It's a shame, but I've seen it happen in my family.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I think they like all kinds of women. I also think that in some Dominican families it is frowned upon if you are lighter to marry darker. It's a shame, but I've seen it happen in my family.

yeap i agree but this happens a lot more with higher economic status families.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Bottoms are more important than boobs

Matilda

You've nailed it when it comes to Dominican women, between or out of the sheets.:cheeky:
As far as gringas, most Dominican man only look at do they know where their local Western Union is back home when they are not here? :pirate:
Maybe I am just thinking about sankies.........

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Dominican men look for women who they are attracted to and opposites do attract, to each it's own. But they definitely want their women pretty at all times and subservient.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Like everywhere, tastes vary, but judging from conversations with Dominican friends, slim legs that would be considered attractive in Europe are considered much too skinny in the DR. They like chunky legs.
Also, based on a fashion shoots in local papers and magazines, you very rarely see any model nearly as thin as their European/North American equivalents. Many models look like healthy UK size 12s (US 8).
Matilda is right. The UK concept of "does my bum look big in this" does not exist in the DR. :D