A bus from Santo Domingo airport to Sosua

Pandaris

May 20, 2008
Good morning all,

I fly to pop every couple of months from the US and now I have to overnight in Miami both on the way down and on the way back. Delta can get me to Santo Domingo and back in one day which is great. I'm wondering if there is a way to get from the Santo Domingo airport to Sosua by bus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Pandaris

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
you have to take a taxi from the airport to santo domingo, and tell him to drop you off in Caribe Tours bus station in ave. 27 de febrero.
from there you can take a bus to sosua. I think they leave every hour, not sure. from sosua bus station you can walk to downtown sosua thru the beach if you dont have much luggage or just take a taxi or motoconcho. it is just about 2 mins. drive.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Taxi from SDQ into Capital,then I would suggest Metro instead of Caribe tours on Churchill because it stops only 3 times as compared to caribe stopping more often and Metro drops you off in Batey as opposed to Charamicos.

Have a light jacket ready. It gets VERY cold in these buses!!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you are headed for Sosua, then take a taxi to Caribe Tours and take the bus to Sosua. I prefer Metro, but Caribe Tours has more buses. Metro has buses that go to Sosua leaving SD at 8:20, 10:20, 3:20 and 5:50. Caribe Tours, however, has a bus leaving every hour on the hour from about 6 am to 7 pm. Caribe Tour has good buses and its ticket is a bit cheaper than Metro. But the advantage is the frequency of departures for Sosua compared to Metro.

But it is true that Caribe Tours terminal is in Charamicos while Metro is in El Batey (the farmacia on the property the Texaco station is on.

Going back to SD, I'd suggest Metro if its schedule works for you. Departures for SD are at 8:20, 10:20 am, 1:20 and 5:50 pm. Otherwise take Caribe Tours with hourly departures at 20 minutes past the hour.

Reactions: badpiece33

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
How long does the Metro take from Sosua to Santo Domingo?
How long does it take from the Metro terminal in Santo Domingo
to Las Americas? Trying to catch at 3pm flight.

Last edited:

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
It depends

I have driven from la capital to Sosua often, but if you are not familiar with the area; I don't know if that is such a good idea to attempt the drive for the first time at night. They do drive somewhat wild if you are not used to it, and plus you would have to probably go the long way through Santiago and Puerta Plata, don't think I would recommend either mountain route at night for somebody who hasn't done it before.

pidgeonplease

Nov 20, 2009
hola

whats the cheapest way from santo domingo airport to metro bus terminal?
im told only taxis are at the airport and it costs about 40$ to get into downtown. is there somewhere close by that has a local bus station?