Any computer geeks? please help

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Not DR related, but I need help.

Can anyone please recommend a program to remove spyware? I have installed various softwares to remove it, but it has not worked. The spyware is called "Antivirus XP 2008"...Thank you in advance.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Not DR related, but I need help.

Can anyone please recommend a program to remove spyware? I have installed various softwares to remove it, but it has not worked. The spyware is called "Antivirus XP 2008"...Thank you in advance.

This happened to me. Could not get rid off.

Dell would have done it for $150.00 USD.

I had to save all of my work and return the PC to factory specs!!!!! This is free!!!!!

Maybe some other DR1 member can help!!!!!;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
some viruses and spywares can't be taken off. they have already done damage to your windows. i got a virus in my home pc and I am simply reinstalling the windows xp all over again. It so happens the computers become slow after a few years of installing and installing programs and heavy usage. Too much garbage gets left behind on the hard drive. I always do a clean install on the hard drive which not only cleans all the garbage, including viruses and worms, spywares, it makes my pc run faster.
AZB

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
what i have done is to have two external hard drives. All my files are on one and all my programs are on the other. Only my OS is on the internal HD. THis way my stuff is safe and i dont have to re-install all of my programs if/when i need to do a clean install of the OS.

Externals are pretty affordable these days and are very fast. Its a good way to have all of your stuff backed up. Just MHO.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Ohh man...I think I understand why my PC is infected with so many viruses/Spyware. It is because my firewall settings are turned off..

would someone please post the instructions on how to turn ON the firewall settings for windows XP. I can't even open the microsoft website.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Click Start, Control Panel and then Security Center. When you get to that point, it will tell you if the firewall is off or on. Below that it will say "Manage security settings for... Click on Firewall and you can turn it on.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Click Start, Control Panel and then Security Center. When you get to that point, it will tell you if the firewall is off or on. Below that it will say "Manage security settings for... Click on Firewall and you can turn it on.

Thanks...but it doesn't allow me to change the selection (it is currently on off)...It does not let me click, it is almost as if it is fixed.

Does anyone know how to take a picture within your own computer so that I can show you guys what it looks like?

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
System restore

Have you tried to do a system restore
then maybe you could put your Firewall back on ?

HOW TO GET TO SYSTEM RESTORE

Click on start move your cursor to all programs
then move cursor to accessories
then move cursor to system tools
then move cursor to system restore

Then click system restore that will let you take it back to earlier date

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Have you tried to do a system restore
then maybe you could put your Firewall back on ?

HOW TO GET TO SYSTEM RESTORE

Click on start move your cursor to all programs
then move cursor to accessories
then move cursor to system tools
then move cursor to system restore

Then click system restore that will let you take it back to earlier date

Tried it, and the cursor doesnt even allow me to click at a date. like it is blocked or something, the same thing I tried to turn on the firewall...I wonder if the firewall is turned off because I have 2 antivirus softwares in my PC?

I can't even search on google, th fricking virus is too smart and it redirects me to some other websites whenever I try to go to an anti spyware/anti virus site. I even tried to go to the dell website, which has a message board to discuss trouble shooting and virus issues,....it does not let me in.

So frustrating....

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Tried it, and the cursor doesnt even allow me to click at a date. like it is blocked or something, the same thing I tried to turn on the firewall...I wonder if the firewall is turned off because I have 2 antivirus softwares in my PC?

I can't even search on google, th fricking virus is too smart and it redirects me to some other websites whenever I try to go to an anti spyware/anti virus site. I even tried to go to the dell website, which has a message board to discuss trouble shooting and virus issues,....it does not let me in.

So frustrating....

Save all your important files and reinstall windows!!!!

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006

So frustrating....
You should not have two antivirus TURN ONE OFF or two firewall,s
:bunny: I think it is best to get Rocky out of retirement he is needed already

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
Thanks everyone...I finally managed to get rid of it. I just updated anti malawarebytes, ran a scan, and it seemed to finally get rid of the virus. I made sure to check if I could make google searches, and sure enough, I can now.

Castillo138

Dec 27, 2007
Try Avast.com and download Avast Free Home Edition. Install it and program a boot scan. What it does is that is scans your pc before Windows loads, thus eliminating any virus before they get to the memory.