AFS Students Introduce Themselves (Video)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is a quick video of some of the crop of AFS students that have just arrived in the DR for their year long stints with various Dominican families.

I'm sure they will have some very interesting stories in the months to come...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFdH9DyMLiM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oFdH9DyMLiM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
these girls are gonna cause traffic jams, tell them to put their hair up and wear baseball caps,, wear long pants and sleeves, big sunglasses, stay off major streets, stay inside during morning and evening rush hour, tell them they will need earplugs when on the sidewalk. i can hear the car horns now and i'm across town....................

Last edited by a moderator:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
these girls are gonna cause traffic jams, tell them to put their hair up and wear baseball caps,, wear long pants and sleeves, big sunglasses, stay off major streets, stay inside during morning and evening rush hour, tell them they will need earplugs when on the sidewalk. i can hear the car horns now and i'm across town....................

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would these young ladies need to do this?

Last edited:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Oh sure...

Mr.Lu rough job you have! ;)

I'm sure they will have a wonderful learning experience!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would these young ladies need to do this?

AFS program is huge all over the world.

AFS USA

Exchange students living with local host families.

Its a great way to learn Spanish and guaranteed to be one of the most memorable years of their lives.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
AFS program is huge all over the world.

AFS USA

Exchange students living with local host families.

Its a great way to learn Spanish and guaranteed to be one of the most memorable years of their lives.

Sorry Robert. I should of quoted amparocorps' comment but I took it for granted that people would realize what I was inquiring about.

I changed my original comment to reflect this.

As for the program, a year or even 6 months in the DR is better for learning spanish than 3 years in the classroom conjugating verbs and reading out of a textbook.

They seem excited and a bit nervous-I'm sure they will love their experience in the DR!!!

Last edited:

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
RUBIA!!!!!!!!RUBIA!!!!!!!RUBIA!!!!!!!!!!!....my post was a compliment. welcome to paradise young ladies.....................

A

apostropheman

Claro! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:
RUBIA!!!!!!!!RUBIA!!!!!!!RUBIA!!!!!!!!!!!....my post was a compliment. welcome to paradise young ladies.....................
;)

I wish I'd has such an opportunity. There are a few things like this that I'd change in my past if I could...unfortunately I can't go back and edit my personal history.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Ah, now I understand...:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything negative. Just wasn't sure what you meant.

Vjiggy81

Aug 26, 2009
wow, this guy dose a very incredible job of putting aside some of the fears that people have of living or even visiting "latin american" countries! The Dominican Republic really stands to benefit from something like this!

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I am an AFS product. Went from town of about 52 people to Valencia, Venezuela. SOME people (HB) laugh at my venezuelan slang....but AFS is a great program! One of my students is going to Peru soon.

Suerte, chicas....

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Did you check the date of this thread??:cheeky:

I think D'Arcy would like to edit his pass now more than two years ago...

JJ

arg1118

Mar 11, 2010
Afs

HAHAHA these ladies will be pursued amorously like never before, beware the sliver tongued dominican jevito.... ;0), its the same with AFS every year. You will hear, " you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, in my country there is no one like you, etc, etc," and it might very well be true. But once you hear it over and over from 10 different guys, well you'll see. Not that its all bad, I dated like 4 of them when an exchange student stayed in my cousins house and he introduced me to the lovely ladies of AFS.

I am still good friends with alot of them after almost 11 years now and even visited some of their countries like Finland "Suomista". I love the AFS. Enjoy your stay....

One more point to the BLONDES or near BLONDES you will be constantly bombarded with shouts and calls of "Oye Rubia" nearly everywhere you go, especially if you are in the more rural areas i.e. not in Santo Domingo... Please don't let this get to you or put you off. It is something that greatly irked my friends when they were here. Best advice I can give is don't take it personal and try and have fun with it and let it empower you.

question for Mr. "LU": Sorry if thas has been answered, but why are their only ladies in your video?

arg1118

Mar 11, 2010
damn que idiota por no ver el date stamp....

Did you check the date of this thread??:cheeky:

I think D'Arcy would like to edit his pass now more than two years ago...

JJ

what a "maroon" to quote the rabbit....

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Claro! :cheeky::bunny::bunny:;)

I wish I'd has such an opportunity. There are a few things like this that I'd change in my past if I could...unfortunately I can't go back and edit my personal history.

this is a pretty funny quote, nice catch bachata!