Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Ike and Current Tropical Storms .. was .. Hey Chris: They're lining up

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm expected in the DR when Ike makes landfall (if it does make landfall in the DR). I guess I'll be eating a lot of Salcochos to keep warm :-)

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanna has moved SSE now but expected to go North again. Puerta Plata under tropical storm warning. Torrential rain and some wind in Juan Dolio since lunchtime. Many people flooded out of their houses.

matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanna is a huge pain,
    nearly no movement for a long time now, and the little it moves is going toward Hispaniola. it is still forecasted to move NNW but hey, that's forecasted for 2 days now and Hanna's clouds and rain is even here on the east present all day long.
    in case of Ike the updated models from late afternoon go away from a landfall on the northshore, the tendency goes more towards maybe Bahamas or straight on just parallel to Hispaniola's coastline, but offshore. it's final path depends a lot in 'what is Hanna doing and when", she can be a big pain for Ike, hindering him to grow, but the 2 together sticking around here with their rain isn't a nice outlook neither.
    is POP/northshore under Alert or still not?
    that Hanna moves really strange.
    take care everybody
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hanna rained all day here in Santiago. Nice, really. Balmy with breezes and light rains, mixed in with some heavy stuff.

Ike is due to be kinda close in four days (96 hours)..estimated to be near 21 North and 69 West...so, be prepared, that's the Boy Scouts Marching Song!!

Some canned goods, water, food for the dogs and keep dry. Do not try and cross roads that are flooded!
    Be smart, and if you can, stay at home..

Oh, and have a good thought for Chirimoya, She's moving this week!!!!

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy ******* Weather

Hannah rained and high winds for most of the day - it's boring now!
    Gotta go and get a sweatshirt, temps are well down tonite.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i am presently in Santo Domingo [in the CASONA DORADA hotel] and its raining HEAVY....my day started in the campos of San Cristobal where rainfall began at around 5am and hasnt stopped or let up since.....this is bumming me out
    just checked weather updates and am not liking the outlook....i am trying to leave sunday and i think Ike might ruin that....not sure....

Post Thanks / Like

And what was L 10 just a couple of hours ago is now JOSEPHINE!!! And heading our way.

OH CHRIS< WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU???????????????????????????????

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

she took a sweater for the cold.
    i am far away in PC and we also get the effects, rain all day, in the last hours constantly, mostly low wind, once in a while some gusts come up. during the day the wind been zero. thatrain doesn't wanna stop, and that 2 days after we thought that Hanna passed to somewhere.
    Hanna is actually moving straight EAST!!!
    i did not trust the lady and the predicted NW courses.
    she's a She.
    Hanna is damaging the passage for Ike,
    and that i see very bad,
    because she may stay and hold him off, would weaken him but make him stay.
    come on Lady, move out of our reach and leave the highway free for Ike to pass as fast as he can and than more north than better.
    our island is under huge clouds, the most of the caribbean sea is, and north and north east of the island the atlantic is also just one huge cloud on the sat shots, and Ike is still far away to join.
    i even thought he will be a hurricane during this evening,
    let's see in the morning, so the hunters would finally fly their mission and provide much more accurate data.
    Hanna,
    who knows, it's an out of the ordinary phenomenon.
    but it's there since a while now, so i would assume everybody on the west part of the north coast is prepared and on alert,
    stay home people, this is fu.. lot of water.
    Hillbilly,
    i think you are in Santiago,
    what you here about the waters in the surrounding campos?
    my wife'sfamily is from there,
    we talked to them several times on the phone, they have the fridges filled up and stay home, i've been glad to hear that, the water is always our biggest enemy.
    where's Chris this eve?
    s'y guys in the morning
    Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default school tomorrow?

Has anyone heard if the gov has cancelled school tomorrow? I think you can find such notifications from the Education dept, but I have no idea how to locate this webpage.

any helpers out there?

d

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Im right here sweety Hillbilly. Wanna know something? You'all are going to get real wet! Mucha Aqua!

Hanna is just drifting around north of Haiti and north of the DR and raining and raining and raining. Despite wind shear, despite other systems, Hanna is holding together as a tropical storm and no real movement north or northwest is forecast for the next 24 hours. So, the rain will continue.

Ike is windy and moving westward.

Tropical Storm Josephine formed this morning and most likely will go out to sea. Some models are disagreeing so, we keep a long term eye on this one.

Seriously, it is going to be one wet season but youre not right in the sights of a tropical storm. Be real happy that these systems are playing around the DR and not right on the DR. They carry enough water to wash away small cities and they are really destructive. The systems out there are as destructive as a full blown hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    And what was L 10 just a couple of hours ago is now JOSEPHINE!!! And heading our way.

OH CHRIS< WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU???????????????????????????????

HB
    MikeFisher, under 80 degrees is not a disaster OK Most of the rest of the world have temps under 80 degrees!
    Last edited by Chris; 09-02-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast