Not open for further replies.

igypsy

Sep 4, 2008
Ok so, I really want to get a tattoo that says "A beautiful life" in spanish
but all i know is life is beautiful

help?:paranoid:

Mar 2, 2008
???????????

As I said, there are others, depending on connotation.

If you want to mix genders of adjective and noun feel free, it's your tatoo.

But obviously you have another agenda apart from translating English to Spanish, so I'll let someone else take over.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
una vida bella
la vida es bella
una vida preciosa
la vida es preciosa
una vida linda
la vida es linda

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
In this case the adjective can/should be placed before the noun for added effect:

"una bella vida" or "la bella vida"

ciao

Mar 2, 2008
Picardo, with all due respect, la pura vida, translates as the pure life, the ironic motto of Costa Rica, but not the same as a beautiful life. In fact, those two terms might have conflicting connotations in certain situations.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Picardo, with all due respect, la pura vida, translates as the pure life, the ironic motto of Costa Rica, but not the same as a beautiful life. In fact, those two terms might have conflicting connotations in certain situations.

You're translating words not the meaning in context of the words per se...

La pura vida is street creed for "a good life", "a beautiful life", "etc...".

The two translations as per meaning in the context of the words are 99% far more accurate than anything else...

Forget Costa Rica and their creed, and ask where the question was posted at, to whom and why...

If you need to be Spanish centered around the world for context, no word by word will do the job as Spanish is only the name attributed to all our "dialects" based on the Spanish (read country-people) language...

Mar 2, 2008
I agree with your assessment of context and meaning, and I wasn't suggesting pura vida didn't have other connotations.

But since the OP is obviously not a fluent speaker of Spanish, perhaps she/he was looking for something a little more generic. Pura Vida is definately associated with Costa Rica pretty much world-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.