Hotel for a night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Hi North Coasters

I am flying into POP on 13th october with my elderly parents en route to Santo Domingo. The reason we are coming into POP is purely due to flight prices, its a lot cheaper than to Santo Domingo.

What I need to know is, because my mum and dad are elderly, I think rather than jump straight on a metro or caribe tours bus for the capital, it may be an idea to stay a night in a hotel to give my parents a chance to rest a little.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to non-expensive but clean hotels with AC where we could stop for a night. And what are the prices for the night. I suppose in Puerto Plata or somewhere between there and the airport.

Oh yes, and also it wouldn't be a definate stop-over so would the hotel accept people just turning up at the desk without reservation?

Many thanks
Paul

Mar 2, 2008
Freemo, if you don't mind my asking, why are you going to POP in the first place? Why not take a flight right into SDQ. It would save you a lot of time and trouble.

If you can't for some reason, Sosua is closer to POP than Puerta Plata is, and there are several nice hotels there. Do a search of the hotels in Sosua and ask one of your choosing if you can check-in last minute. It shouldn't be too busy that time of year.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Big price difference

Hi Catcher

There was big difference between flying into POP and SDQ - it was several hundred pounds cheaper. Also my mum didnt want to change in Madrid as that was another comparable option to SDQ price-wise.

I have stopped over in Puerto Plata in the past but that was with my Dominican wife and she took care of finding us a place to stay. It was abit basic to be honest and my mum and dad would probably need a little more comfort.

Paul

Mar 2, 2008
I didn't realize there was that much difference. It is a lot.

Anyway, your best bet to probably to do a search of hotels, since you will know what you're looking for, narrow it down to two or three choices, then ask about your specific choices.

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible

After some searching the Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible. As long as its clean and comfortable with AC it should be fine.

Anyone know what the current rates are?

Paul

Mar 2, 2008
Yes, it does seem rather inexpensive, and I really don't know if it out of date or not.

Looking back, I can't find where I saw the @$60 rate either. Maybe I was looking at a different hotel when I saw that??? Who knows.

Anyway, it seems it would be prudent just to give them a call.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I'd pass on this.........

After some searching the Hotel Victoriano looks like a possible. As long as its clean and comfortable with AC it should be fine.

Anyone know what the current rates are?

Paul

........hotel and take up Pachanga1964 on his/her offer.............

:speechles:speechles:speechles

Feb 15, 2005
Hotel Sunshine right after the Playa Dorada entrance going into the city of POP on the left hand side.

US$45 a night /w breakfast. It's small but right on the main avenue, parking and a small restaurant, if you only need an overnight stay and not interested in an all-inclusive.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I would definitely second Mountain View, or MountonBIeu, as your local motococnho will know it. That hotel used to be a bit seedy, with a rent a girl bar downstairs, and wa s always a courteous stop over for north coast travelers, and since renovating, is a very nice place to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.