This is a weird one!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi everyone

I have posted a similar thread in the living section recently but i really need to push this..........

We have a circus show that performs in hotels and resorts in Punta Cana, We are overbooked and need to train staff for a second show to supply demand. While i realize the following people may not be DR1 members, I am sure that i can reach them through yourselves. We would like Dominican performers/trainees.

I am looking for young, fit, physically talented men and women. By that i mean dancers, Gymnasts, Martial artists, break dancers etc. All the acts in our show require strong, fit people preferably with experience in performing and stage presence!!

Now i realize i am not going to find trapeze artists, acrobats, jugglers, stilt walkers, firedancers etc, but i am willing to provide full training and accommodation while they learn, for the people who show promise and that special something it will lead to a well paid full time job.

Do you know a place where young people gather to train, maybe where break dancers do there thing, or a dancer that is perhaps currently out of work (by dancer i don't mean stripper ;) )

We are in need of men and women, As far as women go, yes attractiveness is a plus, but not enough on it's own. They need to be strong, physically fit and move elegantly with confidence. I hate to say it but vulumptuous won't work as neither will too skinny (picky aren't we?)

Please if anyone can help me find such people i would be so grateful, I have 3 months to train a whole second team ready for the high season in january.

Thanks

Laura :)

Reactions: Lapurr

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
lj. Have now got 4-5 people who are supposed to call Mr LJ tonight. All ex animation

Matilda

Feb 7, 2007
I have a friend who is looking for work. I don't know if he can be a circus artist, but if you want I can ask him to give you a call so he can go for an interview.

P.S. check PM

Feb 7, 2007
Print some flyers, small (1/4 letter size) and large (letter size)

The large one go and tape at
- Caribe Express (c/ J.A. Santana off Banreservas)
- Vimenca (same as above)
- Cambio Rey (at parque)
- La Imagen (entrance)
- Iberia (entrance)
- Sup. Higueyano (columns)
- Zaglul (entrance)
- Farmacia Melo (entrance)
ask for permissions, of course

The small flyers, hand out to people that go work to hotel zone in the afternoon, go to Libertad (up above) and in front of Banreservas... that's where all guaguas w/workers stop to load them up

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thanks Rubio i will give that a try.

Also i just want to remind everyone that training will be provided free of charge, I have had a few PM's asking how much we pay, Well i cannot pay someone who as yet does not have the skills and cannot be used in shows and so on.

We are willing to take the time to train these young people in the hopes we may discover that they are capable and fit into our business, accommodation will be provided if needed and more than likely this would turn into a great job for those we accept as we would not do so if we didn't see potential.

Thanks again

Marlonious

Jun 12, 2007
I am an American who used to live in Santo Domingo, and a lot of my good friends there WERE stiltwalkers. They were crazy artist/musician/writer folk and got on stilts every now and then and roamed the streets, and were very good at it. The wierdest job I ever had was being hired by Orange to rollerblade around my stiltwalking buddies for a promotion in Santiago. People, to say the least, were confused about why a gringo was doing this.

Contact Guillermo at Circoopan@gmail.com - he's an actor who has done a lot of Dominican commericals and circus guy who is really good and knows everybody else who stiltwalks in the country, I imagine.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Is this him? The photos were taken 4 years ago.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg