Difference between a carwash and a cabana

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you're going to discuss carwashes then I have moved this to a separate thread.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...really they are diffrent ? I thought it was the same concept? do tell...

Well... a carwash is... a carwash. They do actually wash cars there ;) But the difference in the DR is these places are often huge and contain bars, restaurants, or at least food vendors, have live music and dj's, a covered dance floor, sometimes big name bands and are usually the local hotspot for nightime entertainment in the neighborhood. They are also known as a place where "available" women hang out...and not the AZB type of high class Dominicanas...:bunny:

Cabanas are simply hotels rented by the hour...but most are nothing like the US version of a no-tell motel...

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
i think it was a cabana they were nick naming the "car wash" as it resembled one where you pulled your car into the parking spot,,,,

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
all cabanas are like that..it is part of the...um..charm and more importantly, anonymity...each unit has a private garage...you never are outside of the car "in public"

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
i think it was located just "past" Cabarete ,,i did not go but it was pretty popular... Is there one located there a cabana /carwash there?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
i think it was located just "past" Cabarete ,,i did not go but it was pretty popular... Is there one located there a cabana /carwash there?

There is a car wash just east of downtown cabarete..t's actually called "Las Chicas" but it's not a Cabana. There's also a Cabana a couple of miles past that, but it's pretty low key and you cant see anything from the road (as with most cabanas)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lol

i stayed at this cabana but i do not recall the name [i dont think it was called CarWash]...in any case it is slightly east of cabarete from what i recall, right off the main road.

i stayed at this cabana but i do not recall the name [i dont think it was called CarWash]...in any case it is slightly east of cabarete from what i recall, right off the main road.

That is a pretty basic cabana nothing special, For the really nice cabanas goto Santiago to Bora Bora,horus or basiclly any of the cabanas outside the airport on way into Santiago.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can you guys tell me something, if no one sees anyone how do you pay when you rent a room?

Can you guys tell me something, if no one sees anyone how do you pay when you rent a room?

Ok Anna this is what a cabana is you drive into the big circular parking lot and you have a bunch of driveway entrances into little houseswith an attached garage, You close the garage behind you and enter a small apt with a bed and bathroom(some are actually duplexes with a jacuzzi on first floor and bedroom upstairs),once inside you will recieve a call on the room phone asking would you like something to eat or drink, Then a person will bring you the bill which will be placed in a metal turntable which is in wall, you recieve the bill place your money in the spinning metal thing(similiar to late night stores) and thats it,noone ever sees you up close,very discreet.

Bora Bora and some others have theme rooms like an Oriental room, a Western room,etc... very interesting if your ever in Santiago I think you would enjoy stopping in one for an hour or 2 just to check it out enjoy the jacuzzis and the 50 inch tvs, The food is pretty good also if you would like a romantic dinner with a special somebody.