does anybody own a condo in White Sand punta cana?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I am in process to buy a condo in White Sand, but I have found lot of problems with title, and the access to their private beach is not guaranteed by contract.
Does anybody has any experience with this project or are in the same process of buying as I do.
I will like to hear from real buyers, not brokers or real estate agents.
thanks

DRandGR

Aug 27, 2007
There seem to be many unanswered questions with the titles and the beach access. I am learning though, that titles are a problem on new condos throughout the DR. Basically you go with your lawyers advice and it's still a gamble.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
well, my lawyer advice, is not to buy there without title. we have been waiting for almost a year, and I will need to take a decision. unfortunately, this is the only project that i really like in the entire area.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
there are 2 white sands condo profects,
the elder one named white sands is the ocean front one,
been a while ago that i heard that somebody their sold it's condo, i have a german friend who owns one of them, they are located on the beach, access no problem.
and i have a american friend(will PM you his e-mail address Johnny) who owns a condo at hwite sands 2, that's not on the beach, it is located aside the little white sands gold course in front of the Ocean Blue Hotel's entrance, from there the beach access has it's difficulties, i assume you are talking about that one.
i don't know if my friend got his title aso, we never talked about that, but just drop him a mail and ask, he will sure answer. he bought jan 2007.
good luck
Mike

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
thanks mike, for you response,
I know the ones that are directly on the beach. i guess that they have title , since they are old and they dont belong to the master plan of white sand.
I am talking about several condos project in front of the white sand golf club.
Perla del Este, Nautilus, Cayena, Laguna Golf, Hipocampus, etc.
their beach acces is thru caribe princess. but the problem I see, is what happen if the caribe princess is sold to somebody else. they dont guarante their beach access by contract. also I heard that there is a big problem with the golf course. and I went to the Secretaria of tourism page, and neither of those projects has permission. most of them are already done. I live in santo domingo, but i go at least once a month to check around, and i dont see many people living there. i checked the parking lot, and it looks empty.
Thats because i am trying to find somebody who live there, who can aswer some of my questions.
thanks

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the elder ones right on the beach are from the same ownership, the original white sands. the ones on the golf course are the spot where my buddy lives who's e-mail i sent you by PM, so Bob can give you info. the whole white sands been more than onece in fights for titles, the rights to access beach aso, that's not new, i do not like that golf course neither.
Mike

PCDave

Nov 11, 2004
White Sands condo's

The originol White Sands are on the beach and have ocean access. They are NOT connected to the White Sands condos in the back or any of the other developments in the rear. The builder of the rear condo's used the same name in order to try to take beach from the front White Sands. It is under court review - and if an honest judge is ever found in the DR - only the beach front condo's will have access. Do not trust the sellers of the condo's in the rear area - they DO NOT HAVE beach access that they can guarantee. They can only steal it for a little while at best.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
thanks dave,
everyday i am more confused, I still havent found anybody who lives there. (in the new projects, the ones in front of the golf course)
if you check the master plan whitesands, you will see that all of those projects, PERLA DEL ESTE, NAUTILUS, HIPOCAMPUS, ESMERALDA, LAGUNA GOLF, CAYENA, ETC belongs to white sand. (at least on papers).
I want to buy in one of these projects, NOT THE ONES THAT ARE IN THE BEACH.
my question is: The private white sand beach belongs to all the people who lives in these condos, or just to the people who lives in the old white sand?
the sellers says that there is no problem, that they give you a card that you show at the entrance, and you have not problem.
I want to hear if this is true from somebody that already leave there. because i dont really trust, and I know there is not any other beach access in that area. also the access to a private beach is already in the cost of the condo.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
It doesnt really matter to me to have a private beach. but the problem is that the price they ask (260k), is higher than other projects in the area, because they are offering access to a private beach.
So, i will be already paying for something that maybe in the future I wont have.
I think the only way I will buy there is if they offer me a really good discount and forget about the beach.

Jan 9, 2004
Palma Real

It doesnt really matter to me to have a private beach. but the problem is that the price they ask (260k), is higher than other projects in the area, because they are offering access to a private beach.
So, i will be already paying for something that maybe in the future I wont have.
I think the only way I will buy there is if they offer me a really good discount and forget about the beach.

johnny:

Have you looked at Palma Real? They have condos for sale with beach access through the Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

DRandGR

Aug 27, 2007
I own a condo in Laguna Golf. We just left there yesterday. It is true, we do have a card and do have beach access. Can you predict the future?? I can't. No one knows what tomorrow will be. What happens if you buy an apartment with an ocean view and a week later a new building is put up and you lose your view. Life is clearly a gamble. If you want more info, please feel free to PM me.

David

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
David,
basically you are right, no doubt.
but if you buy a oceanview condo which is not on the oceanfront, yes, than the owner of the property between your condo and the oceanfront may some day built something which takes your oceanview, but comparing that to the subject would mean that the person/company who sells you your condo could never give you a guarantee of your ?temporarily?oceanview, you would/should not pay extra to get such a promise.
if i buy property and somebody guarantees me access to a specific beach area, i would take care that such is in very clear words written in a contract, but i doubt that such exists/would be possible, because the beach areas are over there anyways not private (somebody mentioned above private beach, not existent there), they are public. what the subject is basically talking about is the access way, a walkway or street throu an other property, the one on the oceanfront which needs to get crossed by feet or car to reach that beach, and such could only guarantee by contract the owner of that specific beachfront property, not an other company/seller who sells condos in the 2nd/3rd/5th row(which i would name the newest parts of that white sands, because they are anything but close), and to guarantee such for lifetime would mean it would need to be written and sealed in the title of the oceanfront property, otherwise in case of change of ownership the new owner would just laugh in a visitors face who wants to cross his property to get beach access because of a simple contract of a prior owner. i follow the development of the white sands property stuff (the original and the name copies, in the area privately named traps by the same people making money, so named, not something i would say or could proof, not my business and not in my interest) since the earliest beginnings, i know several people living in both parts. i would not bet on any <crossing permission> to access that beach in the near/long future.
Mike

Last edited:

annais

Jul 21, 2009
I own a condo in Laguna Golf. We just left there yesterday. It is true, we do have a card and do have beach access. Can you predict the future?? I can't. No one knows what tomorrow will be. What happens if you buy an apartment with an ocean view and a week later a new building is put up and you lose your view. Life is clearly a gamble. If you want more info, please feel free to PM me.

David

Hi David

I bought an apartment in Larimar Golf, lagoon next to golf, (hopefully not purchased)
I would like to contact you.

annaiseche@hotmail.com