How are the road conditions after the storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
Can anybody advise how are the road conditions are in the D/R. Has there been a large amount of flooding after all these storms past through. Thanks and stay safe............

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
No problem on the north coast other than the odd potholes large enough to swallow the education budget of the country! ;-)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just stay off the La Mulata road in Sosua and you should be fine.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
No problem on the north coast other than the odd potholes large enough to swallow the education budget of the country! ;-)

Right, but the OP was asking if they're any worse than before the recent storms. I'd say 'no'. ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Can anybody advise how are the road conditions are in the D/R. Has there been a large amount of flooding after all these storms past through. Thanks and stay safe............

For the north coast & the roads I've been on, I'd agree with CFA. There is a warning to expect landslides on the carretera tur?stica (PP-Santiago).

Puerto Plata Digital

For other areas I posted this in weather forum: whole lot of DR areas currently suffering:
La Rep?blica - Ike deja 73 localidades incomunicadas en Azua

La Rep?blica - Unas 20 comunidades de Cotu? est?n aisladas luego que colapsaran 2 puentes

La Rep?blica - Senado pide declarar zona de desastre Ocho; mal tiempo impide aterrizar en Los Cacaos helic?ptero con ayuda

La Rep?blica - P?nico se apodera de los residentes en el Bajo Yuna por inundaciones en la zona

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Based on a report aired yesterday by a Dominican news channel, I am led to understand that the "carretera turistica" which connects Santiago over Yassica to the Puerto Plata-Sosua main road may have become next to unpassable with a traditional vehicle. That, based on the report, not only attributable to the last storms but allegedly an abandonment by the authorities over the past months or years.

... J-D.

SASDomRep

Apr 1, 2008
If you have to stay off La Mulata road , how do you get to Las Canas?

It is open and has a bit of water nothing serious, and the usual potholes have returned after the last storm, but they are working on it today, as least they were, but it has started raining again.

SASDomRep

Apr 1, 2008
Based on a report aired yesterday by a Dominican news channel, I am led to understand that the "carretera turistica" which connects Santiago over Yassica to the Puerto Plata-Sosua main road may have become next to unpassable with a traditional vehicle. That, based on the report, not only attributable to the last storms but allegedly an abandonment by the authorities over the past months or years.

... J-D.

Sorry this is not true, I travelled that road yesterday to Santiago without problem. They have been regularly working on it for some time to prevent landslides and they have done a good job so far.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Well, you should not feel sorry you found out that news not to be true... That's GOOD news :)

Thanks for rectifying! ... J-D.
Without having more information to verify the facts J-D, we could be talking two different roads here. The one you spoke of SOUNDS like the Montellano to Santiago road (better known as the "carretera turistica") & that has been in very bad condition for MANY months (if not longer!!). Barbara/SASDomrep/Ladybird may be referring to the road from Sabaneta over the mountain to Santiago which is normally in better condition.
(Before you jump down my throat Barbara, I am NOT saying this is the case - I am saying it is a possibility that there is differing as to which road is which). I would be most surprised & highly delighted if the "carretera turistica" from Montellano to Santiago is fully repaired - Hillbilly came up on Sunday using the Navarete route & it would be most unlike him not to have checked the possibilities of the Montellano route first as it is so much quicker for Playa Dorada than the Navarete route.

I'll try to remember to check this route within the next two days for my own edification anyway & report back! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.