E) Casa Valeria
F) New Garden Hotel
G) Other

Originator of poll: sammytheman

-NALs

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I will be the first to post this as the , Hands down winner would have to be Rocky's.

At $25 per night...(it was $22 per night when I first moved here, that was 2 years ago), it's a great bargain especially considering the high cost of energy as AC is now available.

Of course everyone raves about the " Best Ribs In the World" Accolade!

Bottom line folks is Good food, great prices and over all the most hospitable people I have met.

jmartin

Dec 28, 2005
Kyle, Would you happen to know the nightly rate at Del Delfin and there contact info. I was just laid off from my job and I am trying to cut costs on my next trip. Thanks.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
When I first started hanging out in Sosua, Rocky's was $12 a night and Ted was there to help you if you had a problem with a chica. That was a bargain!

Reactions: Rocky

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Kyle, Would you happen to know the nightly rate at Del Delfin and there contact info. I was just laid off from my job and I am trying to cut costs on my next trip. Thanks.

about 30-35 a night. (phone number removed to avoid full fledge free advertisement. If interested, contact Kyle via PM). ask for harold or juan (you need to speak spanish for him)....

Last edited by a moderator:

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Could you find any cheaper than this
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/53314-rockys-bar.html
:ermm: :bunny: $25 :bunny:$25 Might buy you a meal and a few beer,s
:eek: I am trying to cut costs on my next trip.!
You could try pitching a Tent on Sousa Beach :cheeky::laugh::knockedou :cool:

Reactions: Rocky

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Where and what is all fuss about rockie?

Is he the owner of the golf tournamint?

Rocky is the handle of a French-Canadian expat who both lives and owns a restaurant and hotel in Sosua. He doesn't own a tournament, but has earned the friendship of a lot of folks on this board (myself included).

Rocky semi-retired from this board a few weeks ago, which was a great loss to this board. Actually, this is my first post since that point, as I was one of the many who looked forward to his gentle wisdom and sheer class in the face of some really remarkably ignorant posters.

There are others who lend a lot of quality to this board, and it's still an extremely valuable tool, but more than a few miss him and his posts.

Sep 19, 2005
I voted for Rockys, but I wouldnt call Rockys a HOTEL..

I think it looks like the best deal for someone trying to save money.

And it is almost half the price of the other hotels, which makes not having a pool palatable.

I havent stayed at Rockys, but have stayed at three of the others on the list.

all three were about $50 per night... and had their flaws( hey it is the dominican republic!!)

for myself, I dont think the pool is worth the extra fare....

BUT I think a room where you HAVE to use the key to unlock from the INSIDE to get OUT OF THE ROOM...is a serious safety concern( yes a hotel on the list)

bad bob

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Casa Valeria

I booked a stay at Casa Valeria for February 2009. I read some reviews on 2 different websites and it was received favorably. I passed by it many times when I was Sosua the last time I was there and it looked nice from the outside. I didn't like Casa Cayena at all when I stayed in May 2008. Anyone care to share their opinion of Casa Valeria? Thanks in advance.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I haven't stayed there, but Ive heard good things about the Seabreeze...I think it's in the $50-or-so a night group, but just reopened and completely renovated only a few months ago...sort of located between Rocky's/New Garden and Casa Cayena

Sep 19, 2005
I stayed at a few of them:

the New Garden was $55 per night,
the Casa Valeria was $45 per night in the A/C room
the Waterfront was $50 per night
and an Other which was a condo like hotel was also $50 per night.

I stayed at three other places in Sosua and they were all over $85 per night

The rooms at Casa Valeria without A/C were $40 per night

I dont know how much cheaper anyone could expect hotels to go!!

bad bob

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Casa Valeria

I posted before in this thread regarding Casa Valeria, and never got a response. I am just wondering if anyone has any views on this hotel. Thanks to all in advance!!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I posted before in this thread regarding Casa Valeria, and never got a response. I am just wondering if anyone has any views on this hotel. Thanks to all in advance!!

PM me, I've spent a total of 6 months there over the past 6 or 7 years

Sep 19, 2005

I stayed there twice. Once i rented five different rooms on the same trip, because me and my gf brought a big group opf friends, and family.

so i got to see several different style rooms.

For starters , only a few of the rooms have A/C.

but they have a little make shift kitchen-cooking area in some of the rooms. The room i stayed in with A/C has a super small bathroom.

plus it had a lip in the tile of about 3/4" from the closet "area" and the bedroom area.

for sure i stubbed my toes a half dozen times...not good!!! that was a brain fart for sure who ever set that up.. unless they moved the bathroom sometime in the past...

They dont take credit cards either.....cash only... pesos or dollars.

they place is layed out nice, with plants all over the place and small patios outside each room....

it is like you are in the jungle there!! ha ha ha

bob

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Rocky's Hotel is great. Back in May of 2007, I only spent about $150 for the week I was there. Now, the price is slightly more, $25/night, but it's still a great option, as you're near everything in the downtown area of Sosua.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Casa Valeria is a stones throw from Rocky's, Rocky's serves excelent food, I eat there a lot.

Also there are many ex-pat's the frequent Rocky's so it's a good place to look for advice about what to do in Sousa.