interest on a million

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
whats the interest on a million pesos i heard 16 percent but i find that way too much and want to make sure.

wendyj

Jul 24, 2006
Yes sorry should have mentioned my friends investment was for 1 year ending Jan 09, not with CB

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
u guys know the interest for that in a savings account or something with less time?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I posted the link for a reason!
Don't forget to take Fx rate fluctuation into consideration BTW.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Tambo is right. If you are planning on converting dollars or euros to pesos google currency risk and read everything you can find.

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
i think the cental bank has raised its interest rate to 18% on a three year term. when i was last there in august, i received 13.5% annually, payable monthly on a 90 day cd

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Most banks are offer around 14% on 3 months. Popular offered 13.85% , BHD offered 14.25% on 3 months CD.I'd rather earn a bit less interest and get access to my money more often than lock it done for 36 months with 18%.
Also I do not keep all my $ in one bank. I can still receive all the interest only on one checking account. I got offers up to 24-25% from "non-banking investment associations", but no, thanks.

TheHun

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
interest

the current rate at national bank is 18% for a three year term. for some reason the english version is not updated but the spanish site lists the 18%.
the banks will pay you the 14% on a large investment of 1million peso.

for both you can have the interest deposited monthly into a peso savings account and probably get 3% interest on that.

so you get your interest , then your interest earns interest. which will compount itself.

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
when you depend on the american dollar, for your curenceythe dollar goes down, so does your buying power, the u,s is in alot of trouble, thats a no brainer, now,s a good time too by into the stock market. my thoughts .as far as buying into d.r. hmm

vdubbs

Jun 13, 2008
I havent really seen a strong correlation between the two recently... The USD index went from lows 7X to 80 and back down a bit and the peso hasnt fluctuated significantly...

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
16 % at Lyon bank in Sosua

I just received my first monthly interest paid at 16% from the bank of Lyon on a 1 year certificate. This bank is owned by the Presidente Beer company. They pay me intersest, I buy beer. Everybody wins. they will never go broke and I will never be sober.

It was in the bank at 9:30 a.m. it was the first time anything was on time in this country and early in the morning. WOW!!!

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
I just received my first monthly interest paid at 16% from the bank of Lyon on a 1 year certificate. This bank is owned by the Presidente Beer company. They pay me intersest, I buy beer. Everybody wins. they will never go broke and I will never be sober.

It was in the bank at 9:30 a.m. it was the first time anything was on time in this country and early in the morning. WOW!!!

Wow that is a good deal is it TAX free. That means that $100k would give you a annual interest os $16000 / 12 = $ 1300 amonth again would this be taxed free when you receive your money . ALso IS the money insured lets say like here in the united states maximum of course $100k.

Man I won't work and have that extra income to live monthly!!!!

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Deposits/Safety

I have been to DR many times, but have never considered investing in savings there until I read the posts here. I am assuming you must be in DR to make the deposits due to wire transfer laws in the US. Additionally, is the money insured under a similar system of FDIC here in the United States? Thanks to all in advance.