T?mate tiempo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I am not a big fan of poetry however, I do like reading inspiring passages or phrases such as the ones below. In a Mexican newspaper that I read occasionally, on the front page is la frase del d?a. In today's paper, the phrase is T?mate tiempo para rezar, es el mayor poder de la tierra, which in my opinion is quite a truthful statement. Readers have the option to read more by clicking on the link which leads to the complete passage.

El Periodico de Mexico - Noticias en Espa?ol, la mayor cobertura nacional e internacional en linea desde M?xico

My reason for posting this is just to present yet another option or method that one can use to observe the usage of the language in written form but from a more poetic standpoint. What I like about the phrases is the simplicity but yet a strong message is sent by a very symbolic universal figure, Madre Teresa.

T?mate tiempo
T?mate tiempo para pensar, es la fuente de poder.
T?mate tiempo para rezar, es el mayor poder de la tierra.
T?mate tiempo para re?r, es la m?sica del alma.
T?mate tiempo para jugar, es el secreto de la perpetua juventud.
T?mate tiempo para amar y ser amado, es el privilegio que nos da Dios.
T?mate tiempo para dar, el d?a es demasiado corto para ser ego?sta.
T?mate tiempo para leer, es la fuente de la sabidur?a.
T?mate tiempo para trabajar, es el precio del ?xito.
T?mate tiempo para hacer caridad, es la llave del Cielo.

Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

-LDG.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
How to use these phrases to improve in Spanish-

The way to benefit from these short phrases from a grammatical point of view with the goal to continuously improve and learn Spanish grammar is to analyze each phrase.

1/ identify any unknown vocabulary and look up the word(s) in the dictionary. Everyone's level of vocabulary is different.

-e.g. la sabidur?a, la caridad

2/ identify any grammatical forms that you don't understand

- e.g. T?mate tiempo para amar y ser amado

3/ analyze the verbs tenses, mood and understand the usage

-e.g. T?mate (the pronominal form)

4/ examine the sentence structure

5/ Challenge yourself. If you were to say this to someone would you have said some of these phrases this way?

-to improve requires practice, observation, patience and questioning what you don't understand.

-LDG.

Status
Not open for further replies.